Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does any one know of...

• 13-05-2002 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

a good site or a book to teacj you about PC's I looked at pcirl.com and found it a bit too advanced, things like this is a modem, it does this, a proxy is, a firewall is this etc etc, the architure of a PC and things like that.

XXXXXXXX for dummies and the likes.

many thanks:p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

You'd probably be able to find something on www.howstuffworks.com

As for books.. you'd probably find something in your local Easons. Last time I was in there in Cork there were a few books like introduction to computers, intro to the internet things like that.. might be a bit basic for you but between Easons and Waterstones youre bound to find something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

I send Barry @ pcirl.com a link to this. I am sure he will put together something that you are looking for.

Did you check out his acronyms?

http://www.pcirl.com/resource/acronyms.asp

Regards,

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

This is the internet, you will find tutorials on various levels for just about everything you want to know with a quick search or two on google

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Hiya paddyc, an alternative to actually reading or searching round the web for soething that suits you is to join our forum :

http://www.pcIRL.com/forum

Here you can post any problems you have and we can answer them in a way that is beneficial to you.

You can post about particular problems or read other peoples posts to see how they can help you or you can inturn help them.

The concept is similar to boards, but we are a little more accomodating towards beginners.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Can't say I agree with that, plenty of beginners posting their problems here, getting solutions, and there is a huge archive of previous threads to search.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Gerry,

Try - www.whatis.com It gives you everything you need at a high level.

Advertisement