Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction Studies practical

Options
  • 13-05-2002 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭

Anyone else after doing this? What did you think? There seemed to be a LOT of work in the project for a 4 hour exam, and it was quite difficult too, some of the joints were hard to get right. luckily in my school we had a supervisor who is very easy-going and he gave us an extra 45 minutes, only for that I'd have been in trouble. I made a mess of putting the screws into the back at the end, the easiest part, so I was quite annoyed about that, but the teacher seemed to think I could get a B for it anyway, so Im happy enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I did it today, and there was WAY to much work in it.
    Right at the start I cracked my piece badly while doing the 6mm tenon, so I called over my teacher and he distracted the super-intendant while I got a new piece :)
    then I was well on my way, nearly every1 got the piece finished in my class, in the end it was IMPOSSIBLE to take apart my piece cos the joints were really tight but there was a good few gaps

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭eire_insane

man i found it easy enough nothing to hard.The joints were ok I broke nothing part from a small chip at the corner when planing it down.
    I got nearly everything done part frmo the desing the back board but i put a crappy curve in it and the camphers but that was it it went to gether just fine and i can take it apart fine man i thought it was easy and i am crap at wood work well that was just me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I should probably say that in my 6 years in the school we made 3 joints in 1st/2nd year, and we only spent 2 double classes at them in 6th year, I had time to produce a grand total of a joint and a half.

Advertisement