Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai Beating women

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭colinsky

I watched the media player and the mpeg download versions, and didn't hear it -- when is it supposedly said?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

i have no sound on this pc so cant hear.. interesting but do we need to identical threads?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=51528&goto=newpost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Resist .

dont know about the sound i was just qouting the article.

as for the cross posting well a lot of ppl read the Phantom board who dont read this board and so on hence the need for more than one post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

This is not on where is the CCTV footage, the fact they are not releasing it says somthing.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You're first post would lead people to believe its captured on audio, you might want to edit it to clarify things.

I'll have a look myself later.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm not saying that beating anyone is right (save in self defence) or that this woman did anything wrong, but why differentiate between men and women being beaten? (I suspect the guy being dragged off was beaten a lot worse, but given that he was dragged off, he may not have been completely innocent).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Victor
    I'm not saying that beating anyone is right (save in self defence) or that this woman did anything wrong, but why differentiate between men and women being beaten? (I suspect the guy being dragged off was beaten a lot worse, but given that he was dragged off, he may not have been completely innocent).

Why differentiate ?

Let me ask a question...
    Which is worse: a man punching a man or a man punching a woman ?

Another one: if I were to assault a woman as opposed to a man would I receive a stiffer penalty in court ?

And finally: does that society we live in take a dimmer view of violence against females as against violence against a male ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Yes but do you seriously think that chivalry is a factor if the police are trying to enforce the law? It can't be taken into consideration - that's ludicrous! where do you stop? Do you ignore a women driving like a loony because she might get upset if you pulled her over and end up smudging her mascara??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by roxy
    Yes but do you seriously think that chivalry is a factor if the police are trying to enforce the law? It can't be taken into consideration - that's ludicrous!

It has nothing to do with chivalry. It has to do with a basic legal concept of "minimum necessary force".

Despite what anyone may claim, the simple fact is that, on average, women are of a slighter build then men, and their muscles are differently developed, meaning that they have less of an ability to project force in a physical attack.
    The law is obliged to take this into account.

Yes, reporting it as having been a woman (as opposed to a gender-neutral "protestor" ) may be a bit of media spin, but it is also making a very simple point. The police would appear to have no justification for the level of force used.

This is no longer "enforcing the law", it is thuggery. Hopefully, it will not become state-sanctioned thuggery.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

"help help I'm being repressed"

that's stupid,

in the clip all we saw was the woman in the aftermath,

what if she deliberatly got in the way of the garda getting to the man?

what if she was biting a garda so hard that a blow to the side of her head was the only thing that could get her off

for all we know she's probably some fanatical anti capitalist dramaticist who was given the mission of portraying violence against women to the media in order to make the gardai look bad!

How come we've never seen such brutality before? Sure there been the Gardai up in Donegal but to be honest it looks like the gards in the clip were going after a man they wanted, got him and for some reason this woman got hurt,

It's all a big conspiracy i tells ye :rolleyes:

*sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Slydice
    [Bfor all we know she's probably some fanatical anti capitalist dramaticist who was given the mission of portraying violence against women to the media in order to make the gardai look bad!
    [/B]

So that would have been fake blood on the side of her head then, would it ?

Originally posted by Samson

So that would have been fake blood on the side of her head then, would it ?

not fake blood, conspiracy blood. actually are they really gardai we see in the footage ? it could be those wacky anti-capitalists dressed up as gardai in an attempt to .. .. . .

no it's not very likely is it ?

the footage speaks for itself - i believe there's more on it's way

http://www.indymedia.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

**** her-the gards had every right IMO.I read that there is to be trouble from the great unwashed at the 2004 Dublin EU summit.Ill be there-wwith a crowbar to beat you hippy ****s round the head with.Get a life for christ sake.You are protesting for nothing in particular.If i had my way youd all be shot Tianamen Sqare style.The diff there was those students wanted democracy.You simplyt want to get on tv so you can spew **** bout mcdonalds cutting down forests or some ****e.Gte a life and get a job you arseholes.
    And remember-Ill be there to give you a beatin dare you go to Dublin in 2004.And if you touch a branch of Mc Donalds or Burger King or anywhere else decent that your jealouys of the success of i wont be responsible for my actions...........

be trouble from the great unwashed at the 2004 Dublin EU summit.Ill be there-wwith a crowbar to beat you hippy ****s round the head with.

How mature.
    And as for the EU - summit it will be nothing but peaceful i assure you.

Get a life for christ sake.You are protesting for nothing in particular.If i had my way youd all be shot Tianamen Sqare style.The diff there was those students wanted democracy.You simplyt want to get on tv so you can spew **** bout mcdonalds cutting down forests or some ****e.

So, the hundreds of thousands of people involved in the Global anti-capitalist movement have Nothing at all to say ?
    Or is it just that YOU won't listen.

Get a life and get a job you arseholes.

Got a life - got a job - got an arsehole

And remember-Ill be there to give you a beatin dare you go to Dublin in 2004.And if you touch a branch of Mc Donalds or Burger King

http://www.mcspotlight.org - i think you'll find McDonalds etc. are destroying the world that "your pay your taxes to live in"
    (you mindless ****ing sheeP)

i wont be responsible for my actions...........

Bring it.
    _1390222_riot300afp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Resist, do you feel embarressed by the promoting www.indymedia.ie? It's one of the most laughable websites I've ever read.

"Indymedia is a democratic media outlet for the creation of radical, accurate, and passionate tellings of truth."

In my opinion it should be:
    "Indymedia is a biased media outlet for the creation of radical, inaccurate, and passionate twists of truth"

Originally posted by ReefBreak
    "Indymedia is a biased media outlet for the creation of radical, inaccurate, and passionate twists of truth"
    Like "Independent" News and Media then, the one that took a partisan position in the general election?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Resist .

So, the hundreds of thousands of people involved in the Global anti-capitalist movement have Nothing at all to say ?
    Or is it just that YOU won't listen.

Let's get something very clear Resist. Your movement isn't huge or widely supported.

500 people gathered in Dublin that day. Lets assume there's another 150 who wanted to be there but couldn't, that makes 650. There's 4 million people in Ireland, that makes you one 0.0001625 of the population.

Now applying that same figure worldwide, there's about 1.5 billion people who could possibly give a damn* X 0.0001625
    equals 243,750 people, which is equal to 0.0041% of the total worldwide population. Why do you think they'd listen to you?

* Where did get this figure? Well, it's assuming that the only countries that would apply to this scenario would be well-developed countries with very few other major problems. That includes the USA, Europe, Russia and Australia into that figure. I think this figure is generous but I could be way wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Originally posted by Victor

Like "Independent" News and Media then, the one that took a partisan position in the general election?

Did I say that "Independent" News and Media were innocent? In fact, where does it mention "Independent" News and Media in my post? Maybe I agree with you... Actually I do agree with you. e.g. the Sunday Indo is a bit of a joke newspaper. On the other hand (off-topic) I do like the way the it takes weekly potshots at Sinn Féin. No other paper seems to have the balls to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by ReefBreak
    Did I say that "Independent" News and Media were innocent? In fact, where does it mention "Independent" News and Media in my post
    I was merely trying to show a different angle (and point out the similarity in names). Judging people by their peers and all that.

• Advertisement

State of you resist-what a complete wanker you are.You say that the Dublin protests will be peaceful.If your such a peaceloving treeshagger than why do you have a picture of the green/red revoloutionary muppet brigade fighting the cops in your sig?You left wing bastards can be burned alive by the guards for all i care.I am being honest here-i remember when the news came in live on sky news that a man had been shot dead at the genoa riots by a cop?You know what i did?I laughed.I actually smiled and laughter came out.All honesty.I laughed and the words"stupid wanker serves him right"came out.

Originally posted by The Gopher
    when the news came in live on sky news that a man had been shot dead at the genoa riots by a cop?You know what i did?I laughed.I actually smiled and laughter came out.

You are Scum, how could you rejoice in the death of anyone ?
    Especially someone who was standing up for what they believe in.

Carlo Guliani R.I.P

And what exactly did he believe in??????Did he think he could save the rainforests,close down the multinationals,stop pollution,bring democratic communism to the masses,or whatever the f-uck he pretended to stand for by trying to kill a cop by throwing a fire extinguisher at his head?Good one.I actually respect football hooligans more than anti globalisation protesters.At least hooligans admit what they want-a good ruck with the cops.Hippys merely pretend that they resorted to violence over heavy handed tactics.

muerto03

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Is it that hard to keep things civil?

One warning. Calm down lads.

jc

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This thread has descended into personal abuse and flame. Please keep it a LOT more civil and stop the personal trolling baiting and insulting or I will stop it.

DeV.

snap bonkey...:)

DeV.

Bonkey.... ---It has nothing to do with chivalry. It has to do with a basic legal concept of "minimum necessary force".

Despite what anyone may claim, the simple fact is that, on average, women are of a slighter build then men, and their muscles are differently developed, meaning that they have less of an ability to project force in a physical attack.
    The law is obliged to take this into account.

---

thing is though, many countries prefer to have women in their armies because while they can take less punishment they think clearer under fire.

I have to say that if we want equality then there has to be equality in all forms. If a bloke hits me, i'm going to hit him bck if i can. The same with women. Why should they get away with things that men can't?

I'm against the march, and most of what i've heard it stand for. I've heard alot abt what started the "riot" AND how the Gardai were heavy-handed abt it.

If you're asking should these law breakers be punished whether they be male or female? then yes, punish them.

Whether they WERE INDEED lawbreakers or not, has been spoken too much to be repeated again, at least in this thread. I'd rather not get into that argument again.

Finishing point ::::: Equality. Chivilry is all well and good, but if a woman is causing trouble, she loses any right to be handled softly.

(((( waits patiently for all the flaming to begin )))

Advertisement