Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai beating Women ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Ah god don't be so naïve. Are you saying that women are harmless and couldn't do anything violent? That's silly. This isn't really a new thread when you think about it: the violence is bad per se and the gardai shouldn't be baton charging anyone or anything protesting without incident whether they're a group of men, a group of women or a herd of sheep angry at being buggered by some filthy knacker every time they bend down to get a wee chomp of grass.

Sheep have rights too y'know.

And don't try the feminist thing with me coz I am female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Resist .

Originally posted by roxy

And don't try the feminist thing with me coz I am female.

so, how would you like to be beaten by a bunch of Fat Male gardai then ? coz friends of mine who are ladies (yes im a man) aren't too fond of it even though they are Feminists ..

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

I really have to say Resist . that I stopped taking your posts seriously, oh about last week sometime! All you're doing is trying to force your biased, one-sided opinions, and going nowhere with your arguments. Don't get me wrong, because I think the gardaí were way out of hand last Monday, but from the offset, I couldn't see that so called "peaceful protest" having any other outcome. It was always very thinly veiled as a party. A fun day out for all, when in fact it was anything but that. I was in town all afternoon on Monday, and met more than a few people who were obviously there to cause nothing but trouble. Time to get off your soapbox methinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Hey Resist,
    How's a goin?

Just wanted to say that I think you are fanning the flames a bit here.

People in general have accepted that the behaviour of the gardai was well out of order, but your persistance on the issue is typical of the type of mentality that turns people away from actively getting involved in political / social issue.
    Clearly you are trying to inflame the issue by adding the "gaurds beat women" deal. It doesn't matter about the fact that they hit women, they shouldn't have hit anyone under the circumstances, people know it and have expressed concern. The issue is being addressed and a full report on the matter will be presented to the public, at which time most people will judge for themselves if the issue has been resolved to their satisfaction.

All Im saying is , that everyone is aware of the issue and sensationalising it further at this point is counter productive.

All the best,
    Trev

Advertisement