Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOre from LIDL

• 13-05-2002 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

I think lidi should be paying me for this kinda thing but any way here goes.

I WAS DOWN in the blanch LIDL on friday and got their new leeflet. They had a 100 watt 5 speaker souround system for youre dvd player for 70 quid. They had none in stock and i was wondering if any one else has tried them out/are they any good kinda thing. And where they are kinda thing.

Perhaps this should be a new catagory LIDL bargins or somith!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

70 quid or 70 Euros??

Blinkin' hell, either price is tempting. I'll check this out tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Sorry about that, ive taken to refering to the euro as a quid. Well they make us change our money but a fiver is still a fiver and a quid is still a quid in my world so its 70eur!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭irishgeo

can i use them on a computer these speakers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Sorry to sound nerdy but is that 100 watt PMPO or RMS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

PMPO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

They're not available until Thursday 16th, maybe thats why you couldn't get them.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

• Real 5.1 compatible with AC-3, DTS and THS
    • Enhanced subwoofer driver
    • Acoustic airflow design
    • Magnetically shielded
    • Power Output 1280W PMPO or 100W RMS
    • Front & Rear speakers 4x 16W
    • Centre 16W, Sub 20W

It is alongside a price for Argos equivalent which is apparently €171.40 at Ilac Centre.

I would like to use one for my PS2 but from what I can gather it doesn't do the decoding. It doesnt' state what inputs it has so I dunno if is suitable.

Also, tomorrow is a digital camera for €99 which can store 40 images at 1248x860pixels. Doubles as a Webcam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

JP, I told you it was 100W RMS on the phone :)

They look pretty sweet on the ad.
    DTS/AC-3 sound, no Dolby Digital decoder, bt should be sound for a SBLive or whatever. Might jsut get some :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

computer yes.
    but i wouldnt put those things near a dvd player imo.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Kali
    but i wouldnt put those things near a dvd player imo.

Why ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Originally posted by irishbyte
    Also, tomorrow is a digital camera for €99 which can store 40 images at 1248x860pixels. Doubles as a Webcam [/B]

sounds nice. what model etc?

Originally posted by Samson
    Why ?

because they're usually pretty awful sounding in fairness :)
    a decent tv will usually create more depth and clarity soundwise than these packages...

at that price id guess the satellites just have 3" drivers in them.. meaning a total lack of upper frequency clarity (need a tweeter for that)... plus you'd probably have a noticeable gap around the lower voice levels/mid-range and i doubt the subs upto much either.

wouldnt mind seeing actual specs. for them tho.

then again if its for a bedroom with a 14"tv then go ahead.. sure its only 70squids and ye can always upgrade later ;)
    DTS/AC-3 sound, no Dolby Digital decoder

you might want to look up AC-3 on the net there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

SO now thats its thursday and they are out now has anyone tried them and hoe good/bad are they?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Originally posted by irishbyte

Also, tomorrow is a digital camera for €99 which can store 40 images at 1248x860pixels. Doubles as a Webcam

Which one??? Make model etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Got one of the Digi Cams today... Very nice.

Its cheap because it doesnt have the Colour LCD display that lets you see what exactly you have just taken.. Its TINY!!!!
    I Feel like James Bond wiv it as it could easily be mistaken for a 1970's spy camera!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Well can u post up a pic or 2 taken with it in high res and also tell me the make and model please? :)

ya me wanna see too. gonna go in tomo and have a look see at it. and who needs an lcd, pff.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well Thursday's came and gone and I ended up with nowt as I figured the whole lot woulda been cack. Mebbe they'll crop up again sometime.

As for the digicamera, it's called "Aiptek" Mini Pencam 1.3 Mega.

Up to 160 640x480 images or 40 1248x860 images.

Videos up to 120 secs @10fps 304x240pixels

Supports Win98SE, Me, 2000 and XP

Includes USB cable.

Bit late telling u now as Thurs is gone but just in case it returns...

they have a few left in the local store, been €99 means they usually dont' sell out so, prob go in tomo after me tests to get one.

just checked their website. it defo looks cool, really small...
    http://www.aiptek.com/products/digital/mini.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Bosco

Originally posted by Doodee
    Its cheap because it doesnt have the Colour LCD display that lets you see what exactly you have just taken..

Is the display in B&W or is there no display at all? Does it have a flash? Is the memory swapable?

BTW Aldi will have some 4.1 megapixel digital cameras in next Thursday at €429.99. I wonder how long it will be before cameras of this spec cost only €99...a year? two?

http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/IE/specials_01_11/specials_set.html

Was just lookin there it doesn't have a flash, it was in the FAQ about if the picture is grainey to go outdoors! Hee might pass on this one.

aye regardless of the final resolution, your going to get a very grainy image with no flash from a digital camera... it probably gas a few buttons to allow more light in through the lens (indoor/outdoor options) but it tends to make very little difference to the end result and you'll be playing around with brightness contrast options in photoshop trying to improve quality.

Advertisement