Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookmark link

Options
  • 13-05-2002 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to add a "bookmark this post" link for each post? (say, next to where you have the edit and quote links at the moment)

the url would be in the format of:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=[ID1]#post[ID2]

where ID1 is the ID of the thread and ID2 is the ID of the specific post to be bookmarked.

It'd make it easier to bookmark specific posts and to refer to them, say, in email or on IRC. - just right click and copy the url - instead of saying 'go to this url and scroll down to Boston's 4th post' or whatever.

--

sounded like a good idea when we discussed it on #boards.ie ;)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Sounds good, I must remember to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

cloud9.jpg

Done deal.

'Twas easier for me to add a text link rather than creating 4 new buttons, it works anyway (/me points to bottom right hand side).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

excellent feature. gg all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

mightn't it be better, just for neatness and all that, to leave the session ID out of the URL?... or am I just being picky?

• Advertisement

Yep it probably would, I've also changed it to link to the postid instead of the threadid so as to avoid problems with multipage threads or moved posts.

Advertisement