Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glaway I.T.

• 13-05-2002 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I know that nui galway is meant to be a great laugh, but is galway i.t. any craic at all at all?

--cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

you mean GMIT (Galway Mayo IT)? i have no idea...i'll find out from the lads i know there if you REALLY want :p ..in general keep away from galway(its not a nice city)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

It's nicer than Dublin or Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

2nd that. easily niceR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 RexLupus

yea, mayo/galway it thingamagig.

I like galway, and im fed up of dublin. The cork accent drives me up the wall and i dont know anyone lives in Limerick.
    Galway it is :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 brendan_nes

i was in galway IT for 3 years doing electronic engineering diploma. Its mad craic. galway is a great city to go out on da piss. everything close to you. thousands of students there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

hmmm....well GMIT, like all It's at the moment, look like complete cips....but Galway is a cool city.....everythings very central and the night life is great....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 RexLupus

"looks like complete cips"

er cips?, the who what with the where when?

dialectical slang perchance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

GMIT in Galway, is just OK. Eventhough I'm from Galway I didn't accept any offers to it as I advanced from my Cert. to my Degree. I had a look through it on many occasions, and I personally didn't like the facilities, and thought the building was a bit dated. Not that it's in poor condition or anything, it just doesn't hide its age (born 1972).

But the only thing I can say is that it's going to have the mother of IT building's this coming fall. The thing has been in production for the past 18 months or so, and is sitting right in front of the main campus building (to hide it from the busy Dublin Rd, traffic). It looks very impressive to say the least, as is something that I can't wait to see open. Even though I'm not going there (they will have a hard time keeping me out, as I intend to pop around a couple of times to see their latest and greatest).

It looks more impressive than the NUIG IT building, and that won an award (architecturally). But let's see will it be put to proper use, and have decent access/facilities/etc.

As regards going out. Galway is the place to be. I live here, I know this, and I've been elsewhere. Socially it's got everything I need. A student's haven. [-Dial-A-Can-] ;)

;-phobos-)

Advertisement