Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its weighs 1.8 kilos....?

Options
  • 13-05-2002 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

....all my eircom/vodaphone guff that being a shareholder in,
    I joyfully received and even read some of! :D

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Agreed.

I thought Smurfit were bad but eircom beat the band for the utter amount of cráp they sent out. I remember there was a postman on Joe Duffy who said the lads in the Dublin 18 sorting office were thinking of striking because they had to deliver one of their insane annual reports last year. Of course they are statutorily bound to send an annual report and AGM notices out but they needn't be so flippin heavy.

Alternatively, I got practically a postcard from Bula Resources to the effect...
    We are losing money hand over fist,
    Yours Sincerely.
    Albert Reynolds

That is life , but i have perfected my motor skills to perform the now simple task of... Bin Open, Annual Report drop!! Most the annual reports are spin anyway. If you need accurate info watch CNBC and surf the financials websites:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The AOL Time Warner reports (no, don't have any shares) are also getting magically bigger from the old seperate reports - I grabbed the last one online - a lovely 8 meg PDF. Bumpf content - oh, about 90%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Having sold my shares at a 35% loss I can now sleep easy
    knowing I've saved a tree or two over the next half-century.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by 80project
    Of course they are statutorily bound to send an annual report and AGM notices out but they needn't be so flippin heavy.
    Bank of Ireland are trying to get around this by publishing summaries in the papers, sending ordinary shareholders the summary and gioving bigger shareholders the whoel shebang. Anyone who feels aggrieved can get a copy if they want. It means they can publish results more than a month earlier than normal giving them an investor friendly 'look' (and it saves a fortune).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by Victor

Bank of Ireland are trying to get around this by publishing summaries in the papers, sending ordinary shareholders the summary and gioving bigger shareholders the whoel shebang.

Thats incorrect.
    The Yellow Book (EU stock exchange rules) mandates they send (by post) an annual Report and notice/agenda of an agm.

That only applies to Interim Reports and the likes but as you said there is a greater frequency to post a letter with a brief summary and URL to the OSH's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement