Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All trialists say goodbye

Options
  • 14-05-2002 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭

Well, looks like that's that. It's 12.30 and I'm going to bed having enjoyed my last night of broadband in Ireland for the forseeable future. It was nice while it lasted. eircom can go and shag themselves - I'm off back to the pub.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Erm, I was supposed to be cut off on the 15th and alas here I am...

If they think theyre getting a penny from me they can go... do stuff to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

I had it on yesterday to .. but they are collecting the equiment today ..... BASTARDS !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

Man came and take away viking's ADSL. viking very unhappy...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

hope ye kept yer 56k modems lads... yer gonna need em *lets out an evil chuckle*

Did they call to arrange a time to collect or just show up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

They gave a days notice

No need to unhook it just yet so >:]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

I have to give up my ADSL connection as it is to expensive for me to afford (once again a worker on average earnings gets kicked in the nuts!... but that's another argument).

And so I await the phone call from errorcon to organise to collect their modem.

I'm sorry, but if that excuse of a company errorcon think that they are getting back there modem easily (if at all), they are mistaken.

They are going to get the same treatment that they dole out to their customers.

I will be available to hand back the modem for a very short window of time. They will have 10 minutes to arrive & outside that period I will be otherwise engaged.

If you are going to say that, this is, in the bigger picture, counter-productive..... don't.

I will be otherwise engaged because I have to work that much harder and for longer than my counterparts elsewhere in Europe, just to pay for the telecommunication infrastructure that allows me to make a crust (I'm a web designer).

This eats in to my personal time, effects my quality of life, effects the time I have within my personal relationships and generally makes me feel like .... [1] .... to the powers that be - B..B..Bertie (the village idiot), the ODTR and that company that holds a special place in my heart errorcon.

I suggest you all give errorcon the same 10 minute to which you make yourself available to them.

[1] insert illegal activity of the bodily harm type, petrol is optional, I'll leave it up to your imaginations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Yeah, I'm still here. I never filled in the contract. Perhaps (crosses fingers) they'll forget about me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by pencil
    I suggest you all give errorcon the same 10 minute to which you make yourself available to them.
    I don't think that's unreasonable. It only takes 30 seconds to hand over the modem. All Eircom have to do is be there on time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 leejon

The funniest thing is that Eircom are a telecomms company, telecomms is based around synchronisation (timing) and Eircom are unable to arrive on time anywhere!!

Dear Mr Eircom,

Re: your request for the return of modem.

Due to the administrative resources and time involved in processing your requiest, a charge of €100 is payable to Tazz T. Please note that without payment, your modem cannot be returned.

Can we also bring to your attention the outstanding amount of €200 on your account for testing your ADSL product. Please bring your account up to date immediately or I will be forced to keep your product.

Thank you for your custom. I hope I can be of service to you in future.

Yours sincerely
    Tazz T Ltd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

yes, a small window of time sounds reasonable - e.g tell them they can collect it at 2p.m - if they're over 15 minutes late go back to work and don't make yourself available until the following day.

Invoice them for everyday you have the modem in your posession. Since you're holding their property for them you're acting like some sort of ware house / storage facility.

Originally posted by Tazz T
    Dear Mr Eircom,

Re: your request for the return of modem.

Due to the administrative resources and time involved in processing your requiest, a charge of €100 is payable to Tazz T. Please note that without payment, your modem cannot be returned.

Can we also bring to your attention the outstanding amount of €200 on your account for testing your ADSL product. Please bring your account up to date immediately or I will be forced to keep your product.

Thank you for your custom. I hope I can be of service to you in future.

Yours sincerely
    Tazz T Ltd

Nice one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

lol Tazz. I wonder if it will work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

am i the only one addicted to the internet enough to cough up. the money for adsl? although ive got 5 people in the house willing to pay €20 each a month for it so it aint that bad for meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

I'm signing up too.
    I'd guess that they will cut your service off at the exchange.
    Then if they don't get there modem back they'll either cut their losses and let you keep it or they'll charge you for it.

Be a bit of a laugh to see what they mail you back when you try to bill them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

they have me too :/

I emailed off my form thing, but havent heard a dickie since. Anyone else hear anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    although ive got 5 people in the house willing to pay €20 each a month for it so it aint that bad for meself.
    5 people on Solo? That's less than one ISO a month each. Ouch!

Dear Mr Eircom,

Thank you for the prompt reply to our previous letter. We will be very happy to return your modem as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, all our engineers are fully booked for the next few years and we won't be able to return to your modem until 8th September 2006. However, if you could send a representative between the hours of 04.15 and 04.16 on that date, we will return your modem - unless we're out.

Once again, we value your custom.

Yours Sincerely,

Tazz T Ltd - Ireland's number one ADSL trialling organisation.

'trial and errorcom does it everytime'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

They cancel your username and password so even if you don't hand back the modem there is no way you can use itnless you get someone elese's password.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by Jorinn
    there is no way you can use itnless you get someone elese's password.

And I presume the username/password is matched to a phone number, it being ADSL and all?

Yes, you need the correct CLID (Caller Line ID)

Well, I returned my expression of interest form and was duly disconnected for 24 hours yesterday but was back online shortly after midnight.

I still haven't signed any contract though, nor have I seen one. The withdrawal pains were quite severe, even though it was just for one day. It's very easy to get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

bad man came and took dsl router on tuesday. afterwards i was thinking i'd go post my sadness on boards. then realised i'm not online, and it's the middle of the day.

wail!

Originally posted by Mountjoy Mugger
    Well, I returned my expression of interest form and was duly disconnected for 24 hours yesterday but was back online shortly after midnight.

that was a planned service outage. it was something to do an odtr stipulation. the entire dsl network was down from 12 saturday to 12 sunday.

Yup, Dustaz. I knew that was going to happen.

Do we now await contracts in the post, or do they take our email/fax as enough for them to bill us?

Ahaha! You beauty! I forgot about that "planned outage" and thought I'd been disconnected at their end...

Plugged her back in and wahey! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Yes, you need the correct CLID (Caller Line ID)

How do you know that, Dustaz?

viking

• Advertisement

its in the T&C

Advertisement