Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

make a MPEG cd play on a DVD player?

Options
  • 14-05-2002 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

I ahve some footage form camcorders and want to com,bine it all into on MPEG file and play it on a DVD player without losing quality.
    How can i do this.
    I have NERO amd a total of 732mb of MPEG 4 camcorder cassettes worth.
    Anyone do thsi b4?
    Thx
    kdja

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

You should probably burn it onto a CDR as either a VCD or a SVCD.
    IIRC, VCDs use MPEG-1 and SVCDs use MPEG-2, so you might want to use the SVCD format.

There's no way you'll fit that much MPEG 4 video in a SVCD tho, so you'll either have to use 2 SVCDs or have one low quality one.

I havent done this myself, but you should find alot of things on SVCDs on google.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I agree and I have done this before Nero handles it wonderfully

hopefully you have the wizard turned on

so you click compile a new cd

other cd formats

video cd

finish

then you drag and drop the mpeg file

then you click the burn button

nero does any converting that needs to be done

thats it really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

*launches Nero*
    Ohh, it does totally support VCDs... I had no idea... Ignore my previous post :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Slydice thats the 1st thing i tried b4 i posted it created 5 folders on the CD and put the MPEG into one of them.
    But the DVD player rejected it.
    The guy im doing it for hasnt got a PC so i said i would try and make it DVD playable.
    I have edited all the cassettes into one big file (prolly shouldnt have done that).
    And thought if it fit on a CDR it would be ok in the DVD player.
    Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Some DVD players hate CDR media. Try burning it to a rewritable disc - it may like that instead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement