Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Bet with Devore

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Boston

what an abusive message, bard how do you feel about the level of abuse in this message
    ooh-are, i'll remove the abuse, now you can tell us all wtf you were talking about in my quotes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

what an abusive message, bard how do you feel about the level of abuse in this message

What are you asking me for?

Anyhow - Celt's not the one who's promising to tone down the abuse and 'muppetry' - you are. You've put yourself under the spotlight with this thread.

I suggest you stop pointing the finger and do just what you were promising - calm down and stop insulting others. Forget about your "they started it"s, etc. - just do it. You'll be a better person for it.

Don't you even see that this very thread throws up the potential for more hassle of the very type you're trying to avoid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

the point was bard, i dont hold others to a higher standard then myself, i dont run off to a morderator or ask for someone to be banned every time im called a name, uoo ooo hes calling me a name wont somebody stop it, or hes annoying wont someone have him banned.

Celt that was once, and i deleted like 30 seconds after i posted it without prompt, most people would have let it drop./ Its one of the few occasion where i have acted completely immature, but at least i reconized it, some of us never do.

Loopy3.jpgDon't try to understand Loopy's messages - they will forever remain opaque to all but himself. Loopy is easily aroused and exuberant in battle and fearlessly flings himself at any Warrior - even Kung-Fu Master. Loopy's main weapons consist of a disarming array of nonsequiturs, tautologies, and bizarre metaphors, which can often gain him an advantage in the initial stages of an attack. Combatants very quickly realize, however, that Loopy is a certifiable nut case and generally avoid further engagement, although Jerk and Evil Clown sometimes egg Loopy on for their own amusement. CAUTION: Loopy cannot be defeated with conventional weapons. Any response to his attacks will often provoke a fusillade of incoherent messages. HINT: If ignored, Loopy will continue to clatter and foam until Nanny removes him from the discussion forum.

Garble2.jpg
    Garble is a mystery: Is he a foreigner with only tenuous grasp of English? Is his brain addled by some powerful drug? Does he suffer a serious mental debility? Is he typing wearing a catcher's mit? Garble's rampant typos, malapropisms and seemingly aggressive use of execrable grammar can't be explained merely in terms of poor typing skills or the lack of a spell checker. Even non-English speakers generally do a better job of punctuation grammar and capitalization, and Garble is all the more puzzling because if one goes to the trouble of wading through the muddle of his messages a discernable idea will usually emerge. For example, in a forum discussion about a painting he might say, "Sorry the picchr the har is wrog. The culir. I liike the lips bot teh Paintng is sucs". When attacked for his random capitalization Garble might respond, "oPS i HITTED THE CAPDLOCK". Not surprisingly, he drives Grammarian and Nitpick absolutely nuts, but he is utterly impervious to any sort of correction and if their attacks persist he will sign off in a huff with something like, "yuor forum si stupef. bYE!" CAUTION: Garble may be Net Rat

Ferrous.jpg
    Ferrous Cranus is utterly impervious to reason, persuasion and new ideas, and when engaged in battle he will not yield an inch in his position regardless of its hopelessness. Though his thrusts are decisively repulsed, his arguments crushed in every detail and his defenses demolished beyond repair he will remount the same attack again and again with only the slightest variation in tactics. Sometimes out of pure frustration Philosopher will try to explain to him the failed logistics of his situation, or Therapist will attempt to penetrate the psychological origins of his obduracy, but, ever unfathomable, Ferrous Cranus cannot be moved.

All seem to fit Boston

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html
    ^^site rocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

OMG!!!!

Boston is BUBBLES!

<< Fio >>

Perv.jpg
    Perv is a relatively rare Flame Warrior and is very secretive. He incites trouble merely to keep people talking to him. He can be very difficult to identify, but one big tipoff is if he seems less interested in what you have to say than what you are wearing.

This is you.

and smiles is right, all this time i am bubbles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

so some one gets a second chance, to be called a noob....

this could be fun...

BE THE FIRST TO SPOT THE NEW NIC!
    HAVE A COUNTDOWN TO D-DAY!

AND IF HE DOESNT MAKE IT, BAN HIM!

i mean, there has got to be something at stake here, something worth fighting for.....

each mod gets one guess each?.....

it'll take some work on bostons part, to improve his grammer and spelling i suppose, and to act as everything on boards is new and unseen...

the account cant be created out of thin air, it has to be a generated one with a few posts to begin with so peps dont look just for the most newly regged piece of meat that comes along and start accusing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

oh you boys...

boston.jpg

Hee hee hee...

(someone had to do it!)

• Advertisement

im surprised theres no boston card.

im surprised theres no boston card.

er... there is... I just posted it.

Please keep up.

keep what up, and no that card is ****e it can be mine.

btw where did you nick that picture from. consider yourself removed as my moral advisor

This is you.
    There you go showing us your excellent english skills.

You see, the one's I posted had behaviour similar to your behaviour.

You, however, just looked for the most denigrating card and posted it.

You go girl.

Originally posted by Celt

There you go showing us your excellent english skills.

You see, the one's I posted had behaviour similar to your behaviour.

You, however, just looked for the most denigrating card and posted it.

You go girl.

your forgetiing that time in irc when i pretended to be a 12 year old girl and you asked me what i was wearing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

http://www.whois.com/search?q=boston?

What the hell are these cards?
    Signup page?

• Advertisement

your forgetiing that time in irc when i pretended to be a 12 year old girl and you asked me what i was wearing
    See boston, you can never give people proper replies, jsut psot crap, more crap, and then some more crap.
    Maybe if you tried answering someone's post instead of making stupid/absurd claims people wouldnt loathe you.

See boston, you can never give people proper replies, jsut psot crap, more crap, and then some more crap.
    Maybe if you tried answering someone's post instead of making stupid/absurd claims people wouldnt loathe you.

Loathe is the love of the disinchanted people.
    why would i give you a proper reply when you wont do likewise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

that was me not him :rolleyes:

get yer pervey facts straight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

watch out!!! one of you might break a strap on your handbags!!

seriously lads, cop on will yas.

damn there goes a nail, now its serious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Originally posted by smak
    seriously lads, cop on will yas.

i am with smak on this one.

infact i think that this thread should be transfered to a private board so that people like me and others would not be able to see our mods bickering like children

but then i couldnt bicker with them and thats just not on

why would i give you a proper reply when you wont do likewise
    This is what I mean.
    You post utter nonsense, I post a reply.
    Do you then post a reply? No, you most utter nonsense.

This is what I mean.
    You post utter nonsense, I post a reply.
    Do you then post a reply? No, you most utter nonsense.
    utter nonsense is you

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jesus you make my FÚCKING head hurt.

Locked because the world needs the electrons more posts would use up.

DeV.

no it aint

and another

why am i still able to post in this thread

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jesus, and then you wonder why people think you are a muppet.

Its closed already, sorry I went off to make a coffee.

oh, and you're wrong Boston, without you my life would be a lot less hassle. Roll on midnight when you turn into a pumpkin.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement