Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Gig Ever...

Options
  • 14-05-2002 10:19am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭

mine was Soundgarden a few years back, I expected a lively gig, especially after albums like Badmoterfinger and Superunknown, but, bloody hell, if it wasn't the fact that his lips were moving I would have sworn he was dead! I felt cheated, a crap gig :mad:

(Anglewhore, if this has been done before, please bin it)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

That's mad as soon as I saw the title I was about to moan about that soundgarden gig in the RDS were they looked like they didn't want to be there at all. out of time , outta tune just plain bloddy awful.

on the other hand White Zombie were truely spectacular!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

on the other hand White Zombie were truely spectacular!

you are so right, I wasn't even a big fan of White Zombie at the time but they just blew Soundgarden completely away!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

That gig was a Sunstroke ...hahahahaha a gig named sunstroke held in doors only in Ireland!!

CAn't for the life of me remember who else played ...

Pennywise??

later - trev

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Pearl Jam in the Point on their "Binaural" Tour. Jebus did that gig suck ass. I wasn't a big Pearl Jam fan going to it, but my mates convinced me I should as it'd be good, so I got my ticket and was lucky enough o get an armband for the mosh pit and though "Cool, this is shaping up to be a good one" and it wasn't. At all. I have never looked forward to the end of something more. I was hoping when Eddie did his stage dive the crowd wouldn't catch him and he'd be horribly broken in two, but no such luck. It was O H S O V E R Y , V E R Y B O R I N G *yawn*
    Now I know that Binaural was a more relaxed album than previous offerings, but fluck that, I wanted to have a bit of excitment at the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Eamon Dorans last night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Anthrax in the point?(rds) a few years ago.The one where they left the stage after 40 minutes cos people were moshing/crowd surfing and they got all moral about it.Quite sh!t actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭slash99

That Soundgarden gig in the RDS was brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

I sit beside this girl at work, she used to be a music journo for the Irish Press....been to hundreds of gigs to review them and all that. So anyway, I ask her what the worst gig she ever attended was. She says without doubt it was Niamh Kavanagh (Eurovision winner with 'In Your Eyes'). Get this.....She had a setlist of 10 songs: 5 covers and 'In Your Eyes'......played 5 times!!!!!! Exact same arrangement and everything!!

hahahahahahahahaha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

had to be Rod Stewart... ugh how did I get suckered into going to that one.. I mean i didnt pay for my ticket but still. The wardrobe changes were spectaular though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Worst gig would have to be the Happy Mondays when they played Galway a couple of years ago...oh they di suck the balls off a donkey...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

It has to be Guns n Roses at Slane a few years back. Good f uck were they bad...
    They left the crowd waiting for well over an hour before they came on. Whilst everyone was waiting about, half the crowd up front started throwing flattened paper Coke cups up in the air - as you do. So, cue big fat American roadie coming onto the stage and asking everyone to "stop throwing things" and throwing in a few other assorted threats that "the guys" won't come on if the sunburnt crowd kept, eh, throwing things. When they did stumble on stage they were absolute crap. Big drum solos, guitar solos, piano solos, a bass solo even! Bull****. The only good song they played was a two minute snippet of Black Sabbath's "It's Alright".

Support wise, Faith No More rocked whilst the less said about My Little Funhouse the better...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Madonna - slane, greatest waste of money and time ever. bad bad bad from the support to the end

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

cant really think Of a worst gig as I have rarely being disappointed but one that does come to mind Was the Lowend Festival in Waterford, what really p1ssed me off was that Naplam Deaths Set Was cut short, there is just no excuse for that!:mad:

Also the organising of the Damnation Festival 2008, really annoyed me but hey Carcass were on the bill so small price to pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Kris Kristofferson, Olympia, Good Friday 2008.

• He finished songs with "etc. etc. etc ..."
    • He used the wrong harmonica several times (song was in a different key)
    • His fingers weren't strong enough to play simple chords on the guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Talk about a necro thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

as soon as i heard soundgarden gig i figured this was old.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,051 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Worst gig ever was Cubanate who supported carcass in the tivoli theatre circa 94. Comically bad.

ps
    carcass were great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Old thread is old!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

The 2005 Vibe For Philo......with Gary Moore as the headline act was painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

The chillis with the pixies in 2004 i think were awful!! i went mith my brother and friend as they liked both bands but the sound was dreadful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

bazmaiden wrote: »
    The chillis with the pixies in 2004 i think were awful!! i went mith my brother and friend as they liked both bands but the sound was dreadful

They played Landsdowne in 2002 with Red Lemon who played 40 mins and were crap, then The Walls who played 30 mins, and were crap, then about 2 hours of New Order, who were crap the the Chilli's played 40 minutes of mostly unknown stuff from before one hot minute and fucked off.

By far the worst gig ever. Loved them when they headlined Slane the year after though.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Worst gig ever was Cubanate who supported carcass in the tivoli theatre circa 94. Comically bad.

ps
    carcass were great

Cubanate! hah i remember that name I remember they also supported Fear Factory In 1998 I think, from what i can remember they were terrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Worst show I have ever seen was Red Hot chilli Peppers at Oxegen in 2006 I think it was. Absolute ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Mine was Idlewild at the Ambassador back on their tour for Modern English. The performance wasn't too bad but they only played for about 40 minutes. They didn't play many of their well known songs and as they'd three albums at that point, it wasn't like they were out of material. They were all in Whelans a couple of hours later as well so I was well annoyed after that.

bazmaiden wrote: »

What annoyed me about that gig was the little chats they had together in between each song. They were like old women.....

Trev M wrote: »
    That gig was a Sunstroke ...hahahahaha a gig named sunstroke held in doors only in Ireland!

I remember at the time of the sunstroke gigs thinking that it was such a stupid name for a festival in Ireland! Sunstroke - are they serious?

However the joke was on me at the first one with FNM as I got bad sunburn that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

mine would be faith no more in dunlaoighre ( i think) many years ago.
    They had appeared live on top of the pops that evening and so were mad late.
    Got on stage with rubbish sound, not an iota of apology, played for mebbe 40 minutes.
    The whole gig ****head on guitar was fiddling with his amp and at the end when the house lights came up, gig over he is still on stage back to the audience messing with his guitar and amp!

Ran into the gimp in bruxelles a few years later and told him what i thought of his antics:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Radiohead in Malahide, all they did was play the new material meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Got on stage with rubbish sound, not an iota of apology, played for mebbe 40 minutes.
    The whole gig ****head on guitar was fiddling with his amp and at the end when the house lights came up, gig over he is still on stage back to the audience messing with his guitar and amp!

Ran into the gimp in bruxelles a few years later and told him what i thought of his antics:D

Don't be dissin' Big Jim Martin,he's a legend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭1united

remember that alright, was there early and got very pissed off waiting outside as they wouldnt even open up, the only good thing was that support act Prong played for longer. Can't remember FNM sound being poor, but you just knew they weren't interested that night.

Similar Megadeth years back (93/94?) in the Point were poor, same as just seemed disinterested, Pantera opened for them that night and totally blew them away

Advertisement