Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Gig Ever...

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I'd concur. Mastodon in 2009 @ marlay park was a great gig (sound was sh!te, but that was the case for everyone that day), there was no crowd interaction - all mastodon gigs seem like this. I had only just bought crack the skye before that gig and I was delighted to hear it in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

AC/DC - Punchestown last year.... Band were fantastic... the PISS POOREST ORGANIZATION I HAVE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF BEING PART OF... WORST LOCATION AND TRANSPORT I HAVE EVER SEEN AND THIS ALL RUINED THE ENTIRE GIG KNOWING WE WERE BASICALLY ****ED TRYING TO GET BACK HOME... IT'S A DARK DAY IF I EVER SEE PUNCHESTOWN AGAIN...

rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Noffles wrote: »
    AC/DC - Punchestown last year.... Band were fantastic... the PISS POOREST ORGANIZATION I HAVE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF BEING PART OF... WORST LOCATION AND TRANSPORT I HAVE EVER SEEN AND THIS ALL RUINED THE ENTIRE GIG KNOWING WE WERE BASICALLY ****ED TRYING TO GET BACK HOME... IT'S A DARK DAY IF I EVER SEE PUNCHESTOWN AGAIN...

rant over.

Totally agree - it was a shambles and a massive dissapointment

Thank God I saw them properly a few weeks prior at the O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

rant over.

im still surprised no one was killed getting on to those buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

rant over.

God i remember that, took us an hour & half choking on fumes to find the bus, didnt help we'd got off before it had got to venue earlier in the day cos the traffic getting in was a joke. I have to say though a though AC/DC where so good i still look back at that gig as great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

rant over.

Mst appalling decision ever to hold that gig in Punchestown. I got lucky, and got in the pit, but it couldnt negate the appalling environs and organisation.

I was lucky enough to have my organisationally minded best friend with me. He is a godsend when it comes to navigating early directions to busses etc at events like this. Seeing O Connell Street that Sunday night could be equated to seeing the pearly gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

rant over.

Agree completely, I've seen them at three larger venues than Punchestown since then and it was a better experience each time by about a million miles!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Some bands just really don't seem to hit the spot in Ireland. Around 2002 I saw Marilion and Dream Theater at Vicar St: both gigs were under-attended, audience energy was low, and neither band has been back since. Progressive bands need a more sophisticated audience, methinks! ;)

(I saw DT in London two nights later, and also the following night, the gig at which they played the whole of Iron Maiden's Number Of The Beast. Three DT gigs in four nights: I haven't been quite the same since ... :o )

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Iron Maiden, The Point, December 2006

It was bad enough I was sitting for it, but they played too much new stuff, they didn't even play the popular classics like 'Run to the Hills' or 'Number of the Beast'. Poor form.

rant over.

Indeed. About 3 hours trying to get out of the car park. I was ready to attack the idiots managing the traffic in the car park (aka field).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

It was a gig i looked forward to all year.....it was cold, wet, the guy at car park said no one would be around later to help if you got the car bogged down in the mud but still took the money....the support band was ****e and the The Rollin Stones were over an 1.5hrs late on stage.....very disappointed with my only experience of Slane:(

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Het-Field wrote: »
    1.Deftones. Ambassador, July 2006.

Very, Very boring. Really wasnt that big a fan of the band, but I was just waiting for them to finish all evening. At no point did I enjoy that gig, and I have been steadfast in my opinion ever since

Jesus I was blown away by the greatness of this gig and have waited for their return ever since!

Also, I have to say as a tool fan I really enjoyed the Point gig despite the not so good newer songs. Thought the lasers and big screens behind each band member were rather hypnotic

Smashing pumpkins in the RDS was crap and I left feeling angry. But definitely the worst gig ever was Paulo Nutini recently in the Olympia. I got dragged to it by the gf and I hated every minute of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The sound at the Testament/Megadeth/Judas Priest in the o2 there a while back. Sound was so bad that Testament was just noise. Megadeth sounded shi|te, and I left half way through JP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

Red Hot Chili peppers in Phoenix Park about 5 years ago...had to walk for about an hour through the park to reach the stage area, and by then I had totally sobered up!;)...... got stuck in the beer que while The Pixies played so missed most of their set.......and the Chili Peppers were awful....I've barely listen to them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

bnt wrote: »
    Some bands just really don't seem to hit the spot in Ireland. Around 2002 I saw Marilion and Dream Theater at Vicar St: both gigs were under-attended, audience energy was low, and neither band has been back since. Progressive bands need a more sophisticated audience, methinks! ;)
    I presume that's the Anoraknophobia tour you're talking about, which I agree was a bit sparsely attended. However, Marillion have played here since on the Marbles tour in 2004-ish (Dublin and Belfast) and they also played Dublin again last year supporting Less Is More. :)

(Plus Steve Hogarth played a solo show here since then as well!)

the_syco wrote: »
    The sound at the Testament/Megadeth/Judas Priest in the o2 there a while back. Sound was so bad that Testament was just noise. Megadeth sounded shi|te, and I left half way through JP.

I thought that was a good gig. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Strapping Young Lad & Godflesh (their last ever show!) - Ambassador

Both bands were great but there was bloody no-one there. It was quite frankly embarrassing to have bands of that calibre playing to maybe 30 people.

Advertisement