Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 price to come down (and XBox)

Options
  • 14-05-2002 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

PS2 to $199, XBox is rumoured to drop to that as well but only in the US?

Gamecube isn't changing (at least in the near future).

Now if Xbox can drop the price of thier games as well they may be on par with GC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

there has been stories here and there about a XBox price drop in the US..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

thanks for sharing that little gem of wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well id be suprised to see a games console that can play dvd`s get cheaper than stand alone dvd players, what will it do to the dvd player market?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The newer versions of DVD players coming out will now be like VCR's in that you can record TV to a DVD and play it back at a later time.

I was looking at one a few days ago, but I seem to have lost the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Didn't Nintendo of America say last month that if the XBox/PS2 fell in price it would re-evaluate its price? Or was that referring to Europe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

wouldnt DVD players that can copy from TV to DVD be a hell of allot more expensive... I mean I'm just after ordering a Pioneer A03 Drive for 269Str... and for a dvd player I'd say u'd almost be paying a Grand

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Doodee
    wouldnt DVD players that can copy from TV to DVD be a hell of allot more expensive... I mean I'm just after ordering a Pioneer A03 Drive for 269Str... and for a dvd player I'd say u'd almost be paying a Grand

Over a grand at the mo.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by sceptre

Over a grand at the mo.

I'd better get writing to Santa as I wants me one of dem!:D

(My 500th post :) No longer an Insane Poster )

Advertisement