Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"null modem" USB cable

• 26-06-2001 3:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know if there is such thing as a null-modem USB cable. I am downloading loads of stuff at work onto the laptop. I want to transfer the files to my home PC. A normal, RS-323 serial null-modem cable would be impractical (I have been hitting mame.dk quite hard lately) as there is approx 550Mb. I want to link the laptop and PC via USB to enable a speedy tranfer of files.

Anybody know if there is such a cable and where I could get it? Technically I assume it should be possible.

TIA,

TD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

It's possible to link two PCs together using the one USB cable... as far as I'm aware the only widely available solution in this regards is Laplink... and it's quite expensive.

Easiest thing to do is to setup a little Network to be honest.

Advertisement