Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Promblem

• 26-06-2001 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

I seem to have a strange thing happening..

Its been hapening for a while now just wasnt troubling me that much

but i have to keep resizing my screen to fit my monitor each time i change res, it doesnt do it automaticaly.. have any ideas techies?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

You should only have to set each mode once, (I assume it's 'forgetting' the resolutions you've already set).
    AFAIK the settings will be saved in the monitor ... which can be reset by an option in the OSD.

A rough guess would be a flat battery in the monitor, somewhat like a depleted CMOS battery 'forgetting' your BIOS settings.

But then I'm not well up on the electronics side of monitors... I'd take it in for a good 'oul servicing, check out what cover your warranty offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

ok cheers, but i have only had the Monitor for a year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭davoc

i had that same problem a while back Adren, a Belinea monitor it was and it was 'forgetting' it's settings which is really wierd as i thought res etc was controlled purely by your OS.
    anyway, i sent it back to them ( and again when the second one had the same fault (*******s biggrin.gif ), and got meself a fine new monitor which is now working away fine.
    send it back straight off if its under a year old, it'll prolly only cause more trouble in the future

Advertisement