Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake.ie Cup

Options
  • 14-05-2002 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

With all the exams nearly over, were gearing up for a new competition, simply called the Quake.ie Cup. We ran one this time last year and it was a great success. You dont need to be in a clan and even if you are, it won't matter. Each player will be seeded based upon their skill level and randomly assigned to a team. Rated, 1-4, each team will have a skill level 1 player who will be the team leader. Every player will get a game and will have a bit of fun doing it. The idea of the cup is to have fun. It will be ran over one day with the finals held that same night. There will be a prize for the winners of the Cup. As yet, I havn't figured out what it is just yet.

This Cup is an on-line competition and is open to everyone from Ireland, the UK and mainland Europe. What we need to know is who is interested in competing. Were hoping to run the Cup on Sunday, May the 26th. So sign up now and add a comment so we can get this on the road in a week or so time. It'll be good craik, you know it!

You can add a comment here or over on Quake.ie -
    http://www.quake.ie/comments.asp?item=1106 and sign up.

Ps. Go away dev :)

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Cut 'n' Paste is beyond your tech skillz then yeah? :p

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Closing date is sunday for sign ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I'd like to play but I'm can't that weekend since my brothers + ppl will be home so i'll be busy that day probably... dest i think would also like to play but Ozzfest is on that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭JacquesPompidou

Why try when you can get something better.

Quake.fr

Vs

Quake.ie

???

La France

Yes Mr. 'Im soo from france'.

Care to ask the French and arrange then ?

• Advertisement

The Teams have been put up for the CUP.

Check it out on http://www.quake.ie/comments.asp?item=1115

Btw, please, please, make sure you have all the map packs.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

MP, is that "dev" me or a different dev?

I didnt sign up but I'll play if I can knock this computer into shape before then.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

there are 2 dev's in UK.. i dont know if that is one of them or not.

I thought it was you tbh. Theres a few slots coming free. Tell me for deffo if you can make it and I'll lash you in. Theres uk ppl dying to get in and Id rather put a homie in first :)

My machine is being a total bitch and from Monday I hope to be on satelite broadband so I dunno what the latency of that will be.

For the moment count me out :(

DeV

• Advertisement
Advertisement