Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Charlotte

Options
  • 14-05-2002 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

has anyone heard the band, Good Charlotte?

theyre pretty kick ass ...if you go to

http://www.goodcharlotte.com

you can download some of their stuff for free....WELL worth checking out.

theyre touring in september and theyll be making a stop over in dublin, so if you like em, you will get a chance to see em live!! ENJOY(i know you will!!) :D

regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 NO ME TO KNOW

And you're not in the band..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anony

and there was me thinking....hopeing someone had posted some nude pics of charlotte hatherley........damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 MusicPR

HAHA to both your replies:-)

no, im not in the band, its my mates band....the lead singer and the lead guitarist (benji and Joel) are in it....heyre VERY god, alot of people have bought their CD from the internet here in ireland cuz you cant get it in the shops yet.

im thinking that phantom has their CD someone told me that they heard GC on phantom....dunno if its true or not....

Theyre good mates with Fenix Tx, New Found Glory, etc.....

ok, so has anyone listened to em yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Here's the deal.

When people post on this board saying 'go to their website and have a listen', I usually do, cos I've heard some great stuff that way (albeit, some cack aswell).

But when I get there and they want me to register before I listen, I just leave. I do not want to give my details/email addy to a band that I possibily may end up thinking are rubbish, and then recieve 'updates' from for months.. know what I mean?

something for your friends to consider.

theyre signed to Epic Records, so its not theyre doing...when you register its not as if they send you information or make ou go through a load of stuff just to listen, they dont add you to any mailing lists or anthing like that.....so dont worry:-) trust me...theyre worth listening to!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

good charlotte fairly popular in the states... sort of pop-punk in the green day/blink 182 range couple of cathcy radiohit songs that were allright "little things" being the biggest hit. Not generally my type of music but cant help but like that song anyway. Havent heard the whole album. They seem to be a very Energetic band if nothing else.

thats my 2cents on GoodCharlotte anyway.

... and yes I usually check out bands that post here but registering is really annoying and then I usually wont.

Atonal.....
    are you from america?? how do you know them? yea little things is in DUDE wheres my car?

Good Charlotte are actually in a movie coming out soon !!! "Not Another Teen Movie" crap film, but GC play an 80's punk band at a Prom!! the movie is a spoof to all the teen movies like American Pie and Varsity Blues etc.....

it comes out on the 24th of may.....(the day after their mates, Fenix TX play the music centre.....) is anyone going to see em??

GC are playing here in september, im just trying to build a fan base of some sort for em here:-)

thanks for listening glad you like them Atonal!!:-)

heres a great picture of the lads:-) my besy mate is the one with the mohawk

http://www.feamerch.com/cgi-bin/fea/GC013.html?id=LQ5pk2Gs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Minerva

cool enough.
    MusicPR...impressive name...are you getting paid, cos you should be!
    :D

street2.gif

HEH! yea right, no theyre just my mates and since their coming i thought id give em a little publicity...:-) but i do PR work for bands anyways, so in a way im KINDA getting paid from that yes:-) Minerva are you on the gigsmart page as well???

• Advertisement

HEHE! here yay! i got a pic of the lads in Good Charlotte!!
    l-r: paul, joel, benji, aaron and on the ground is Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Vert

Yeah.....Gave them a listen...Seem pretty good...
    Will keep my eyes open for them...

nice one Vert...glad ya enjoyed em......ill keep this board posted on their whereabouts.....emmmm theyre on the warped tour now......remember This friday theyll be in Not Another Teen Movie in Cinemas and

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Someone else here recommended them a while back. Heard "Little Things", its a good track. Didn't realise they were just kids though. :p

Theyre not really kids....well, billy would be about 19 now, benji and joel turned 23 this year(march 11th) and paul is 21. their new drummer is going to be the vandals old drummer, so he should be the eldest of the band.....its the right age to be starting in a rock band.....

Little things isnt their only good song ya know :)

Waldorf world wide
    Seasons
    I heard you
    Change
    and
    Screamer are my favorites.......
    http://www.goodcharlotterocks.com has their entire album in several different formats on it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Vert

Wow...My B day is on 11th March too......maybe that could get me a free pass into their gig....:D

haha.....yea, well, ill be sure to let them know that when they come to town:) happy belated birthday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Good Charlotte? Aaaah, yes, they did the pretty spanktastic theme to Undergrads, did they not.
    *tumbleweed*
    You, know, Undergrads? "You go out on Friday night, I'll stay in but that's alright..."
    *coughs*
    *goes home*

hehe...i didnt hear about it, but they might have...no they prolly didnt i would have heard about it...the movie theyre in (not another teen movie) is coming out today! REJOICE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Nonono, I do in fact believe that Good Charlotte DID do the Undergrads theme. 'Twas an American cartoon that, somehow, wound up on TG4. The song in question was "Click", written specifically for the show; indeed, in one episode Nitz (one of the main characters) was heard to comment "Good Charlotte?! What've they done that I would have heard about?", seconds before the Duggler wandered past in the background with a gheto-blaster pounding out "Click"... ah, comedy... always works so much better when its not on paper... ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement