Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WinME on hard drive

• 14-05-2002 4:38pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I do not have my WinME CD, But I have my serial number sticker on the back of my box.
    In the location c:\windows\options\install I seem to have all the required files nessecary for the installation.
    I want to format my computer, so if I put these files on a cd-r, and format would I be able to boot from this cd and install windows ME again?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Gaz

You wont be able to boot from the cd , so make a boot disk then once in DOS access the cd and run setup or get a real OS , WinME is IMO complete shiiite !

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I was thinking.. what about if I installed Win 98, and then when that was loaded I installed WinME from the cd that I burned..
    Most people think ME is total crap, it can be at times, but I just don't want w98.. and I won't have 2k, and I don't know how my system will run on xp..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Pointless installing 98 just to get ME on the drive.

Drop me a mail fi you like

seamusspam AT yahoo DOT com

I'll send you a winimage of a 98 boot disk - if you make a bootdisk with ME it may not include the dos CD drivers

(not providing warez - all above board etc)

Or www.bootdisk.com - more bootdisks there than you could ever need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Just make a boot disk.. thats all you need.. as long as it has cdrom drivers your sorted.. lash in your copy of the me cab files you burnt to cd and type setup!

btw win ME is beyond crap... best not install it if you value your sanity!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

mail sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Gaz

So basically your just repeating what i said Saruman ....bahhh your always doing that !!!!

Originally posted by OJ
    mail sent.

Received, files sent (winimage format) - added in winimage (small) for opening it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

You always go to www.bootdisk.com ....

Posted that above:D

If you're paranoid (like me:o), you might not like to just grab something off the Net and boot your PC from it.

Have to say what bootdisk.com offer is great though. All the colours of the rainbow.

spectre, could you send that email to a different address, sorry bout this but I cna't seem to download the attachments.
    ojthe1st at hotmail dot com

thanks

• Advertisement

Done. If there's still a problem, I'll up it to the UL server zipped (fast, reliable etc)

fyi: it's one zip file and a .imz file

I haven't recieved any email..
    you sure you sent it to
    ojthe1st at hotmail.com ?

Just got a bounceback:eek:

Grab it from
    http://www.csn.ul.ie/~debates/resources/bootdisk.zip

instad.

Is that the .img and the zip fiel?
    doesn't seem to be because of the size of the email you sent the other day..

Right the zip is in that zip,
    thanks a lot spectre ;)

Advertisement