Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Eircom Magazine ADSL News

Options
  • 14-05-2002 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

"Up to a million customers will have the chance to avail of broadband DSL within 2 years according to details of the rollout of the high tech service. The company announced the it will be launching the DSL with an invesment of 125 million euro over 5 years but the bulk of that financial investment will be made in the first 2 years of DSL availability. Eircom also launched details of its product offerings to business and residential customers which are available from the 14 may"....

"The announcement follows months of complicated negoiation with the (office of the department of telecommunications regulator) ODTR which hinged on the wholsale price at which the product will be offered to other licenced operators (OLO).
    Already around half a million Eircom customers in and around the dublin the have access to the service in the 35 exchanges that have broadband DSL capability.
    70 million euro has been invested already in this region.
    By the end of this year 8 further exchages in larges cities and towns including Cork, Limerick, Galway will be DSL enabled.
    By the end of 2003 an addionall 57 provincial cities and towns in the greater dublin commuter area will be added to the DSL program bringing total number of people able to avail of the service to 1 million nationwide.
    This represents 50% of the telephone lines in Ireland..."
    "more on page 3"

Don't know if this is of interest - if it is i'll transcribble the rest later...

b

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by tribble
    i'll transcribble the rest later...

That why you're called by the name Tribble ?
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

That why you're called by the name Tribble

It's just one of my 52 (stable) personalities.

b:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

"Two million customers will have the chance to avail of broadband DSL within 2 years according to details of the rollout of the high tech service.

Wasn't it a million last week?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

"Two million customers will have the chance to avail of broadband DSL within 2 years according to details of the rollout of the high tech service.

My apologies - i had a bad line as i was transcribing this, a person (me mammy!) read this out to me and i recorded it on my motorola, then typed it.

Cheers Adam...

It should read "Up to 1 million", or "Up to a million" - I'll check when i get home - the rest of the article should be factually flawless.

b

Advertisement