Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ODTR to consult on Carrier Pre-Selection in Ireland

Options
  • 14-05-2002 6:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

The ODTR today Thursday 14th May 2002 issued a consultation on Carrier Pre-Selection (CPS). This is the first major review of the operational and technical aspects of the CPS process and the consultation process will be open until 7th June 2002. CPS has been available for over two years in Ireland.

As part of this review, the ODTR has been examining the situation in other European countries where CPS has been very successful, to see whether lessons can be learnt. To date the Office has not identified any significant differences between the Irish regulatory, commercial or operational frameworks and so the paper deals mainly with specific questions relating to issues raised by the industry or new initiatives that the ODTR believes may further improve CPS for the customer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Ok,

I know you guys are all going duh!!!, I hate being the newbie, but I gotta ask what Carrier Pre-Selection (CPS) is. When it the Ireland Offline dictionary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

It is an arrangement between the incumbent and other operator whereby a customer may nominate an alternate operator to carry their calls. Telephone billing (excluding line rental then comes from this alternative operator.

CPS requires no equipment at the customers premises and requires no prefix to be dialled.

Advertisement