Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't view Java Applets

Options
  • 14-05-2002 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

i just downloaded the java2 sdk 1.4 and i can't view any of the examples that comes with it aswell as not being able to view my own apps.

when i load up the app in IE5 and hover over the application it says (in the taskbar along the bottom), "load class (name of applet) not found" - is there anything i need to download to remedy this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

When a browser cannot display an applet, it can usually be either 2 things.
    1. There is no JRE (VM) installed
    2. The browser just can't find the code, due to a codebase error
    In this case it sounds like you have the VM installed, and it just can't find the class files. What I propose you do is write a simple applet, and don't use packages. Ie, keep everything in the working dir. Once you have compiled that. Write your HTML code, and the applet tag like this:

<APPLET CODE="myApplet" CODEBASE="."></APPLET>

That should do the trick. 9/10 times in Java, the problem relates the VM or compiler not being able to find the necessary files to complete tasks.

HTH :)

;-phobos-)

Advertisement