Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Network HOWTO

• 14-05-2002 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

Right - if i want a wireless network in a house with 3 pc's what do i need?

The belkin kit i looked a suggested that i need a wireless hub aswell as the w.less nic's...

tnx
    b

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

If you're using more than 2 pcs then you should get an access point for reliability. The Orinoco RG1000 may be suitable, as it actually has a 56k modem built in, and can connect to the internet, automatically sharing it, and acting as a normal access point as well. I would recommend that you use orinoco (or rebranded) cards with the access point, though cheaper ones should work fine as well. Cisco cards are the top of the range, and offer the best performance and range but they cost a good bit more.

Advertisement