Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Folder

Options
  • 14-05-2002 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I never got the bref off my teacher in engineering and i have to have the folder finish by Thursday.

Please could someone post the main headings and a bref describtion on what they are about.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

You shouldn't get a brief off your teacher.
    You brief was supposed to be some what finished before you started your project as stated on the exam paper.
    I haven't started my brief yet either :(
    Though a have a few drawing's made, I gota get my head down and make a good brief as I haven't got my project finished yet :(
    if you want, i can upload you the exam paper if you want(the one they give out with the instructions)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

if you want, i'll throw up the heading of what it should include.
    ie. possible reasearch, working drawings, problems etc.
    that what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

i`d scan the marking scheme if i could find my scanner but on it for the folder the sections they are looking for are
    • analysis of brief
    • investigation of solutions
    • criteria for selection of solution
    • production drawings/plans
    • testing and evaluation
    • presentation of folder

thats what they want for the folder anyways @ higher level

Post up what level you're doing and I'll put up the marking scheme, I have the exam paper with me

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭eire_insane

sorry for not repling but only noticed the post today please do upload the marking scheme and bout how many pages should we havew on every secton .I am doing my now.Also cna you give a brief descriptopn on eash heading .

I find this folder the hardest yet and i did 4 folder(Constucton ,L.C.V.P, Ag Science, And this one and thats not including the one in English he made us do for the day trip) and i am doing manufacture right now.Man if you are on messenger i am at mikeludden@hotmail.com

• Advertisement

I'm after adding you to my msn, give us a shout when you're online and I'll send/tell you the marking scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DMX

Ya da folder is f u k i n sickening,you can fill it full of a bit of crap though in da Investigation, loads of pages bout, Wood, metals all dat sh-it,but i badly need some info a page or so on exactly "what is a Bird Deterent?" if any body has any info or anything please let me know aythechosen1@hotmail.com ,i'm badly stuck haven't started da folder nor project yet :(

I've uploaded the marking scheme
    http://www.boards.ie/members/oj/marking.JPG
    (181k)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Sham

ah i remember doing that boll*x last year..

like they said above fill it out witha loda of rubbish about where u got all your info, what research u did, put in plenty diagrams, have about 2 or 3 designs that u were going to use, put them in too...

thats what i did last yr and i got a B1.. (and in fairness the project we had to do last year was a bit harder than it is this year)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DMX

yup last year was da Car - Carbueretor,
    hey sham ,
    u sound familiar, are u from da Dungarvan Area by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Sham

Nah man i'm from limerick..

that project lasst year was fair hard tho compared to this years one..

altho my old teacher was telling me that the current 6th years took 5 weeks to come up with the idea of something going bang to suit the project.. (not the most intelligent bunch bless em)

good luck with the exams n stuff lads...

Advertisement