Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting automatically logged out

Options
  • 14-05-2002 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

so i find this really annoying as if your writing a big long post that by the time u go and click post u have been looged out and then u have to log back in and all of the stuff u wrote in that psot is lost cuz it usually just goes back to the blank post page or just says "no thread specified" or something like this. This is really annoying and it has happened to me loads of times, please do something about, thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I concur.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I thought that was just something on my side, I noticed I got logged out when I left the page open when replying to topics

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

so this happens to other people aswell. So is anything going to be done about it, cuz as i said its really annoying, when u keep losing posts that u have wriiten cuz u just get looged out for some reason?!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

just adding my voice: the log-out thingy is happening to me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Has happened to me once or twice but never lost any info.. just log back in.. hit back a few times.. copy your text (should still be there usually) got forward again and paste it in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Never had this trouble but I have heard them mention doing it because ppl stay logged in all the time and never log out.

Originally posted by Saruman
    Has happened to me once or twice but never lost any info.. just log back in.. hit back a few times.. copy your text (should still be there usually) got forward again and paste it in!

U see Saruman it would be nice if that actually was the case but its not. When i happens whille u r writing reply and u get logged out, when u log back in it says "no thrwad specified" and then if u press the back button all it does is say page expired or just go back to the login page. The few times when it does go back to the post u were on all of the stuff u had written is gone! so its not as simple as press back and copy and pasting. I wouldn't have made this thread if that were the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Are you sure? I did not mean press back once.. i meant go back till you find the page you were on... press the down arrow beside the back button for a list and select one say 2 or 3 pages back.. that way you wont get the page expired messege... i know it can be done as i have done it... maybe my problem is a little different from yours though!

Originally posted by Saruman
    Are you sure? I did not mean press back once.. i meant go back till you find the page you were on... press the down arrow beside the back button for a list and select one say 2 or 3 pages back.. that way you wont get the page expired messege

No thats doesn't work, and just to be sure that it didn't work i just tryed it there and when i wehn back to the page i was on it just gave me a blank reply page. Its some other problem and i wish they would fix it. It has happened to me 3/4 times in the 5 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

try ur user options and say keep me logged in by use of cookies. and just log off when ur finished

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Kraken
    try ur user options and say keep me logged in by use of cookies. and just log off when ur finished

I can't find any option like the one u r talking about. I already have "browse board using cookies" clicked. So can someone please fix this bug. It has just happened to be 4 times in a row there when i was replying to posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I am also suffering from this problem.

I was wondering if it was an opera problem? Are other people using other browsers or is it just opera.

also why does it only happen to me sometimes. it just happened as i was reading posts. other times i would leave myself logged in for hours and then come back and i wouldn't be logged out. strange that

no i use IE and it always happens and its really annoying!

its in your user options on boards.ie in the user cp somewhere.

its in your user options on boards.ie in the user cp somewhere.

is this the option to keep u logged in all the time:

Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)

Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies) yes no
    Browse board with cookies?
    Clicking yes will use cookies to keep your id for this session. Clicking no will send it through the links. (Selecting no may cause problems when sharing links with people behind the same proxy as you) yes no

put both of them to yes.

and its probably not a boards.ie problem its probably your pc. espically if you use it from a daft college.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

espically if you use it from a daft college.

care to mention one?? ;):p

We all know who i mean

Browse board with cookies?
    Clicking yes will use cookies to keep your id for this session. Clicking no will send it through the links. (Selecting no may cause problems when sharing links with people behind the same proxy as you) yes no

put both of them to yes.

and its probably not a boards.ie problem its probably your pc. espically if you use it from a daft college.

I have the browse boards with cookies put to yes already. I reckon it will only keep me logged in if i use this option:

so i might use that one

what do you want a round of applause? or are you going to give us a running story on what you do and dont do.either it works or it dont

• Advertisement

i find it easier to not post huge replies. :)

quiet true smak the level of muppetyr in ti is scary

quiet true smak the level of muppetyr in ti is scary

indeed.

Advertisement