Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BELL X1...producer?

Options
  • 14-05-2002 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

WHO PRODUCED THE LAST BELLX1 CD. I only have a.........shhhhh.....bootleg.....

Who produced them, it's amazing!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

one of the lads from crowded house as far as i know,
    think it was tim finn's brother

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

neil finn produced em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mr D

Not Neil Finn. Crowded House bassist Nick Seymour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

yep that s the one sorry.. nick seymour... new it began with an 'n'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 NO ME TO KNOW

Is'nt he doin something with Blotooth right now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Does anybody know where this album can be bought? prerferably on line, I cannot find it seems it was taken out of stock at alot of places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭indie_chick

it's available down in Cork, last time i looked...try Road or Freebird, they're bound to have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mr D

I got mine in HMV on Grafton St a few months ago. Don't think it's that hard to pick up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 juanola

blotooth or wheatus? is there a difference? Things mustn't be going well for him if he is working with blotooth. God help him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 spaceracer7

I got mine in HMV also but you should get it in road still.

and yes juanola, the answer is wheatus. blotooth are horrible. No producer can help them

• Advertisement

oooohhh. sssssssss.....Blotooth press is lookin bad.

I personally dont think they're horrible. No 2 blotooth songs ever sound the same. One song is whetus, the next is weezer. It's that whole 'look at us, we're a rock band that likes being happy' thing. i.e THE REVS. At least a good producer could tell 'em to cut out the bollox and stop writing songs that slowly drive me mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 myles/Blotooth

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: .......OUCH that hurts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

It seems to me a band goes out an bust their asses to get good gear ,gigs, sound and record some quality sounding tracks and people like them to a point , then once they get the bit of recognition they worked hard for, people are really scathing...

I've seen it with numerous bands on this board and other boards, I accept not everyone likes the same stuff or whatever but people are always quick to lash out the criticism just cause a band are doing well...
    last time round people were raggin on about Turn now it appears its Blotooth's turn....I guess it a measure of success in Dublin these days when people start mouthing off about how much they hate your band or your radio station or your organisation or your beliefs etc etc....too much bull**** and negativity all the ****ing time!!.

Trev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Zed

Yeh,

how dare people slag off wheatus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Smell McEvilson

i don't get why people are so eager to have a go at bands on the local scene as soon as they start making any head way. blotooth have worked hard to get where they are now and deserve any success that they get, plus i happen to think that they're a damn good band, who put on a really good live performance. they don't just stand there lookin meloncholic trying to get the audience to feel sorry for them cause they're oh so depressed don't u know. i'm not slagging off sad music, but there's an awful lot of people doin that and a lot of them aren't doin it very well, so it's cool to see a slighty more cheery and energetic band every once in awhile.
    that is all

Originally posted by Trev M
    It seems to me a band goes out an bust their asses to get good gear ,gigs, sound and record some quality sounding tracks and people like them to a point , then once they get the bit of recognition they worked hard for, people are really scathing...

exactly... what did all that basing have to do with this topic anyway? Its like people are just looking for an opportunity to rip into a band.

As for returning to the Bell-X1 cd I had tried to order it from road I believe and they did not have it. Maybe I can try again argh.

Turns out the Blo-boys are doin something with Nick Seymour. But he's not producing, someone else is - in Nicks studio. Well done lads, I hope it's just the start of all the success you deserve.

P.S Dump that teenage dirtbag song. It does'nt suit ye's.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

come on dudes, blotooth rock!! sort yourselves out.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Originally posted by juanola
    blotooth or wheatus? is there a difference? Things mustn't be going well for him if he is working with blotooth. God help him.

Hey, you might not like them, no need to be that bad. Open your eyes, ears and mind a little bit. It's not because you ear something new/different/original that it's necessarily bad.

And as everybody else said, as soon as a band is doing well, people start slandering them for X & Y. Are you so jealous/ envious?

State you don't like their style, fine, I will accept it. Constructive criticism is also acceptable, as long as you know what you're talking about (sorry, I don't know if you do, but...), being nasty just for the sake of it, NO!

Blotooth are great, they sound really cool and it's a pleasure to see a band that actually walked out of the threaded paths and does well!

Well done guys, we love you!

Originally posted by spaceracer7
    I got mine in HMV also but you should get it in road still.

and yes juanola, the answer is wheatus. blotooth are horrible. No producer can help them

**Glares at spaceracer7, takes out a huge screw-cork out of her pocket, dig it into spaceracer7 ears and digs in for the brain...

Digs a bit deeper in hope to find something...
    Takes the screw-cork out, and back into the other ear, digs real deep and smiles...

'Now... It should be a bit more open'

Goes back to her tower growling...**

There again, I accept the fact you do not like them, I refuse slander for the sake of sounding cool. :mad:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by myles/Blotooth
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: .......OUCH that hurts.

*Takes silken handky out of her pocket and gives it to Myles.

There... We'll deal with them, don't worry*

:D

Ok, well, I am disapointed to see that kind of talk around here...
    No need to be nasty when you don't like something, unless you're about 3 and you just started school...

I love Blotooth, they're really original and it's always refreshing to hear something REALLY new. I'm so fed up of all the bands who try to copy things which worked before.

Why use U2, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkin or whoever else's riffs when you can use your own creativity and make something new?

I won't discuss taste, what people like is their own 'choice'. I'm just very sad at the general lack of imagination of most of the bands today (be it in Dublin oranywhere else). It's like having to listen to the same CD with changing only the equaliser for the rest of your days. I'll go insane...

Well, I think I made my point...

Wo Kynarth! Steady on dude(girl).

Went to their website and checked out more of their stuff. I definitley dont think that 'Day Job' song is a fair representation of what they're really about. It was worth the time downloading a few other songs and wo be tide, shiver me timbers, 'kiss me' is such an absolutley brilliant track!

Now why on earth release mindless pap like 'Day job' and hide what I consider to be far more superior work in the closet? They must be starving, the poor vermin.

I think Blotooth have an identity crisis that needs addressing.
    Dont get me wrong, they have a new fan here, but I hope this producer and whatever company is paying for him see it my way.
    Then I'll easily swap my Bellx1 CD for theirs (still have my reciept incase).

well I gave up and went through ebay for "neither am i"

a little love for blotooth - "day job" I did not like at first i will admit but it grew on me ( i like the sentiment of the song). Agreed NO ME TO KNOW "Kiss Me" is the better song. Also very impressed with the live track of "What She Wants" really good vocals. I think the songs are actually fairly consistent in their sensibility.

Originally posted by NO ME TO KNOW
    Wo Kynarth! Steady on dude(girl).

Girl suits me fine, thanks.
    'Day Job' song is a fair representation of what they're really about.

I do like day job, but as Atonal said, it needs a good few listen to really appreciate it. It's the whole feeling out of the song that's brilliant, rather than the song itself. Thanks Atonal for putting in words things I only feel.
    'kiss me' is such an absolutley brilliant track!

True, but I so much prefer As Cruel as You. But there, it's a matter of taste, so... Well to be very honest, the only one I don't like that much is Stabilizers... It's funny the first few times and then...

I discovered them through a friend who had their CD 'Woman in You' (You can get it in Music Maker if you want). It's brilliant

Now why on earth release mindless pap like 'Day job' and hide what I consider to be far more superior work in the closet? They must be starving, the poor vermin.

Don't know... Ask them?
    I think Blotooth have an identity crisis that needs addressing.
    Dont get me wrong, they have a new fan here, but I hope this producer and whatever company is paying for him see it my way.
    Then I'll easily swap my Bellx1 CD for theirs (still have my reciept incase).

Sorry, hot blood gets easily carried away... When I like something... But you should try Woman in You, it's priceless.

Kynarth.......you're quite passionate are'nt you?.......lets go on a date! :D

:D Will you take me to the moon? I've never been there? ;)

Jeeesus!! You're not some kind of crazy PAGAN chick are you!! I hate pagan chicks. They dont shave their arm pits and smell of wet cats.
    Not to forget their macabre sense of humour. A pagan puncline could empty a room quicker than a fire alarm. I think all public places should have a Pagan nearby in event of a fire.

Originally posted by NO ME TO KNOW
    Jeeesus!! You're not some kind of crazy PAGAN chick are you!! I hate pagan chicks. They dont shave their arm pits and smell of wet cats.
    Not to forget their macabre sense of humour. A pagan puncline could empty a room quicker than a fire alarm. I think all public places should have a Pagan nearby in event of a fire.

Pagan I might be, my beliefs are my own.
    Clean I surely am, and I've never seen anybody leave a room when I entered, unless I had previously threatened to kill them... :cool: (No kidding)

What is it with you people and girls armpits? (Private reference sorry, a guy 'harrassed' me in work (a restaurant) once to see my armpits to check if they were shaved or not).

Do you shave your armpits? Do you shave your legs too? And your chest (if you have hairs there).
    Then I might be interested, if not, well, the Moon it will be...

FYI: People tend to stick with me in 'smelly' situation, just 'coz I smell good.

And the moon is cool. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Leila

I think Jason Faulkner makes a guest appearance on the new Blotooth album
    Can anyone confirm or deny ?

the Grays are one of my favourite bands and he has the greatest
    hair of all time

Advertisement