Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Floppy Drive from NT4

• 27-06-2001 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭

Control Panel / Devices and check if FLOPPY is started. If not START it, then set the Startup Type to SYSTEM.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by _CreeD_:
    Control Panel / Devices and check if FLOPPY is started. If not START it, then set the Startup Type to SYSTEM.</font>

Yep tried that aswell still nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭wintermute

Does Event Viewer say anything of interest?

[This message has been edited by wintermute (edited 27-06-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

Ok, this is a new problem to me that I haven't seen before.

NT4(SP6) running on Deskpro. 1x cd, 1x cdrw, 1xhd.

Basically the hardware looks fine checks out from the BIOS and you can boot from it and do whatever.
    the problem is if you go into explorer or my computer or even try to run a: from the run box it doesn't see the drive.

The PC was imaged using ghost from a standard image that is used across the company. One thing I noticed was that the drive was not connected when I first looked at it. I don't think it makes a difference when using an image for the drive lettering as its already set up in the image? Oh yeah I tried a different drive aswell.

Any ideas?

Advertisement