Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-mail confusion

Options
  • 14-05-2002 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

E-mail confusion:

After being nearly snowbound for two weeks during the winter, a Seattle man departed for Miami Beach where he was to meet his wife the next day at the conclusion of her business trip to Minneapolis.

They were looking forward to some warm, pleasant weather and enjoying a break from the children.
    Unfortunately, there was a mix-up at the Departure Gate and the man was informed he would have to travel on a later flight. He tried to have the decision reversed but was told he had no alternative but to travel on the later flight.
    On arrival, he found Miami Beach was having a heat wave and the weather was as uncomfortably hot, as Seattle's was cold. The receptionist gave him a message that his wife would arrive later in the day. He could hardly wait to get to the pool. So he hurriedly sent his wife an E-mail message, but because of' his haste trade an error in the address.

As it result, his message arrived at the home ofan elderly widow, whose preacher husband had been burial the day before. The grieving widow opened her E-mail took one look at the monitor, let out an anguished scream and promptly had a heart attack.
    When her family found her, the following message was still on the screen:

Dearest Wife,
    Departed yesterday as you know. Just now checked in.
    Some confusion at the gate. Appeal was denied. Received confirmation of your arrival.
    Your loving husband.
    P.S: Things are not as we thought. You will be surprised how hot it is down here.

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Why has nobody posted a reply to this?
    I thought it was funny...

No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Not all threads on the humour board need a reply. I mean I read alot of the jokes and never reply, but may go away cheerful and glad that I popped in.

It looks like a good few ppl have looked at the thread anyway, so hopefully they enjoyed it. Thanks for the reply anyway Tribble.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

good one. I think that it was posted here a while back though. or maybe i heard it elsewhere. actually thats not possible. I don't get out anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

You don't need to reply to show appreciation - you can use the rating system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Well it's not real anyway ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Excellent stuff.

Advertisement