Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Osbournes

• 14-05-2002 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

anyone seen any of this series yet. i caught the 2nd half of an episode today on German MTV and i thought it was very good. MTV UK + Ireland are showing it this Sunday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

So that's what the stupid ad is all about. I wasnt quite sure what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I heard nothing but good things about that show it's suposed to be very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Oh it hurts. WHY do I get a sharp stabbing pain in my head everytime i think about this upcoming series? Well if it is anything like the time cribs visited the ozzbournes where we learned that:

his wife is shy as ****,
    he is a loser
    his kids are weeners

Its obviously subliminal advertising for the ozzfest tour.

I know MTV is tripe but seriously, a fly on the wall series on the lives of a family of freaks? C'mon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Oi! They're an inspiration to the rest of us freaks! You know you wish you were them!! If everyone in the world was like the Osbournes the world would be bliss! But no, the world decided to be skangers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

ive managed to download few episodes and from what ive seen its gonna be great. Ozzy trying to operate a remote control is priceless and his gawking at the mobile phone when it rings is like it was some kind of a extra terrestrial. :)

"WHY IS IT STOOK ON THE WEATHER CHANNEL" and "WHY CANT WE GERRA NORMAL FOOKIN TV"

ive predicted this was gonna be huge few months ago when the yanks started talking about it, so i decided to put all my money* in popex on Ozzy Osbourne shares. :) there is NO way i can lose. haha

adnans

*standard 1000 shares on Kylie not affected

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by adnans
    Ozzy trying to operate a remote control is priceless and his gawking at the mobile phone when it rings is like it was some kind of a extra terrestrial. :)

"WHY IS IT STOOK ON THE WEATHER CHANNEL" and "WHY CANT WE GERRA NORMAL FOOKIN TV"

LOL :p:p
    i saw that clip on that Friday Night With Ross programme on the BBC and it was hillarious. this show is going to be a classic. i hope the MTV UK + Ireland don't ruin it by bleeping out bad words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Reading the EPG info from the Osbornes night on sunday im not 100% theyll actually show the programme.It says something like"MTV celebrates thge osborne phonemon that is a hiut in the states".But its not exactly"Tonight the premiere of the osbornes".And it goes on till 1am.Surely they would be showinjg an ep every week or every night instead of a pile altogether.
    Never EVER trust anything those bastards at MTV say.They havent a f-uckin clue.

they're showing several programmes featuring Ozzy Osbourne. stuff like Cribs and Behind The Music but The Osbournes is definately being shown this Sunday at 10pm. the MTV press release said so anyway

sadly my last post was a load of rubbish. due to contractual reasons MTV UK + Ireland have had to postpone The Osbournes :mad: . 2 fingers to them, i'm going to watch it on MTV Central :)

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Never EVER trust anything those bastards at MTV say.They havent a f-uckin clue.

Never a truer word spoken. I blame lack of competition for mtv being so crappy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by Makaveli

Never a truer word spoken. I blame lack of competition for mtv being so crappy.
    I blame MTV. Those bástards play about 10mins of music per day. It's just like every other channel now with jackass, tom green show, cribs etc. etc. etc.

[hippy]I thought it was about the music man! When did it stop being about the music??....man i got the munchies![/hippy]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Jpaulik

Damn you MTV UK and Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

shares in Ozzy going down. 12.43%..... 8.01% ...... 7.29% !!!! damn you nickelback!! damn you all to hell!! :)

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

This show is SUPERB. Best fly-on-the-wall style docudrama I've seen in years. The whole family is dysfunctional but yet strangely likeable... It's basically a quite dysfunctional European family transplanted to LA, and you can't help but like a character like Ozzy while at the same time laughing at him.

Fantastic show. Well worth watching on a whole load of levels.

I hope MTVUK remove some of the ott bleeping of swearwords when they show it though, that's bloody annoying in the american broadcasts.

I fail to see how the same company can have contracural problems with itself:confused: Its probably just a stalling tactic-knowing MTV UK they probably lost all the tapes of the series i some routine fluck up that we have all come to associate them with.I think its about time that the main MTV channel was either axed or seriously made over.The only MTV chanels that serve REAL music fans are MTV Base and MTV2.MTV Hits is a load of gay pop songs and other such ****e.MTV main channel is just a joke,a parody of itself.I feel sorry for all the Dubliners on NTL who must put up with this channel.They should drop MTV on analogue and replace it with Kiss,MTV Base or MTV2.Channels that real music fans actually want.Not 24 hours of nsync anD god knows what else ****e on MTV.

i saw that coming soon ad again today. some how i feel coming soon is not soon at all. more like we'll show it when we want to.

anyone who has a dish pointed at 19.2 degrees east can watch The Osbournes at 9pm tomorrow night (Saturday 18th) with no censoring of bad language. it is on MTV Central

Just saw it there, it's bloody great. Man that bit the remote control is something special "space age shit", priceless.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Brilliant.

Although worryingly, my mother also loves it. She's now decided to swear as much as Sharon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Missed it tonight I was bumed about that if it lives up to the hype it should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Its on again tonight but im not sure when.Only saw half last night but it was very funny.
    "Why cant we have a normal ****ing remote?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

omg this was just class. loved every bit of it. nice to see it was shown uncut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I watched it. It was alright. It was hardly the second coming od christ(or the antichrist), like some of you seem to think it was. I'll probably watch it again next week, but I waon't have a hernia if I miss it.

Advertisement