Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet timer

Options
  • 14-05-2002 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

could someone recomend a good freeware program that calculates the amout of time spent online i want to calculate my phone bill before it arives

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

NetTimer 2000 is a handy program, doesnt use up any CPU and works as a small Smily face beside your clock.

http://www.tucows.com/preview/222086.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dr.Seagull

thanks ando that is a nice program but it says its a 30 days evaluation will it stop working after a month? :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Get Netbuddy, I think its freeware afaik
    It tells you how much kb you're cuttently download, uploading, and give adverages of how much a day you do, you cna also do drinkouts, handy to see how much you actualy download a month... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I use No Frills Timer 2.0.

It's 58k, and freeware under GNU

Great program. It'll log all your different connections - easy to monitor your bill if you log on with one service during the day and another at night.

Full logs kept by the app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I use No Frills Timer but God knows why, its not like I'm using the net any less!:p

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

I use the one built into windows dial up networking :D That one sitting on your system tray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by OJ
    Get Netbuddy, I think its freeware afaik
    It tells you how much kb you're cuttently download, uploading, and give adverages of how much a day you do, you cna also do drinkouts, handy to see how much you actualy download a month... :)

aye id go with this as well.. been using it now for the past two years, allows different charges for different internet connections as well (1891/local/etc.), and the graphs are pretty handy (great viewing during the nolimits days!!)...
    still doesnt manage to curb my usage though :)

you can set billing periods and stuff as well, and its damn easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Dr.Seagull
    thanks ando that is a nice program but it says its a 30 days evaluation will it stop working after a month? :(

no, it will have a little pop up banner every time you start your machine, but thats it, you just click on 'later' :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by Kali

aye id go with this as well.. been using it now for the past two years, allows different charges for different internet connections as well (1891/local/etc.), and the graphs are pretty handy (great viewing during the nolimits days!!)...
    still doesnt manage to curb my usage though :)

you can set billing periods and stuff as well, and its damn easy to use.

And you were the one who recamended it to me! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

DU Meter is super for monitoring everything

www.dumeter.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement