Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenght of Leaving Cert.

Options
  • 14-05-2002 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

My leaving cert. is one straight week.Wedensday 5th - Wedensday 12th.It has its advantages and disadvantages.
    Its goog cos you get it over and done with quickly and go on a huge drinking binge,but id sooner have a bit more time b4 each exam...example,on the last day ive got business and agricultural science.The two most theorlogical subjects in the exam.Thats madness.Still i suppose its better than it dragging on for a few weeks.
    In my opinion the whole leaving needs to be changed.
    You cant justify 14 yrs in school for an exam that lasts 1 0r 2 weeks.Exams need to be spread over the final 2 years to give a fair account of what someone actually knows.
    What if you broke your arm or got a dose of the flu before the exam....you ll probably have to repeat....Anyway thats my opinion
    Anyone agree or disagree

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

I whole heartatly agree with you. The Leaving Cert needs a major overhaul if it is to continue into the 21st century and claim to be a success. It needs to be broadend.

A system similar to the IB(international batulorite) should be used in the Leaving cert were you do subjects in module form and do exams on those subjects at the end of the module.

I myself am repeating my leaving this year. I have only 6 subjects but 4 of the exams are in the FINAL week. One after the other. I finish on the very last day in the afternoon(Applied Maths). Crazy. Atleast I don't have any languages this year. So in a way I was able to pan out my exams...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Mine's spread out nicely over 2 weeks, which in theory sounds lovely, I get a day off to revise before most of the exams, nice one. But in reality as soon as week 1 is over and there are people off out on the beer finished for good, I'm not going to be happy :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I have a week break between my last 2 exams which is annoying but good :) (Business and Classical Studies)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

I have 3 days to study for 1 exam. Insane when you consider the amount of exams I have the first few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Mine go:
    Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Monday, Friday.
    Which isnt too bad.
    Continous assment would be a better solution

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Wednesday, Thursday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday for me. Not too bad.

I don't like the fact that I have Maths and Geography on the same day (Monday the 10th). Especially considering that Geography is one of my weaker subjects. That happened in the pre's also and I didn't do well at all because I was wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well my exams are spread from the offical first till last day of the lc so i'm in the last group of people to finish...........has some major up points...namely lotsa cramming time inbetween some exams........but like i'll have to see all me m8's pissed well before i finish ://///

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

i've 29 hours 30 minutes of exams :)

Start on the 5th (obviously) and finish on the 19th with a week or so in the middle off :)

<< Fio >>

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

well mine runs till monday the 17th which is a bit of a bitch considering cork vs kerry munster football semi-final in killarney on the 16th :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

I'm in from the 5th to 21st too (I feel your pain Serialkiller), thats ridiculously long. i have to sit my last exam on my own cos im the only person in my school doing applied maths. thats gonna be weird! My little bros doing the JC, by the time hes finished I'll only have 5 exams done cos I have 3 in the last week.

Advertisement