Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual boot question: Windows xp and Windows 2000 Pro

• 27-06-2001 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Yo.

I have Win2K SP1 installed and was considering installing xp... would want to dual boot though as I like my current setup...

Can anyone tell me if there's any problems with this?

Bard
    Fatter, happier, more productive.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I didn't think XP was even released?
    Or are you all still getting beta versions?

--
    .sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by logic1:
    Been using XP with weeks and no problems yet.. I have 95, 98, ME, XP, 2k all on the same pc
    .logic.
    </font>

Thats the most stupid thing i have ever heard...haha smile.gif
    im running XP on its own with 2465, its now @ 2499 and solid as a rock.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Thats the most stupid thing i have ever heard...haha
    im running XP on its own with 2465, its now @ 2499 and solid as a rock.</font>

Ahh why not explain why this is the most stupid thing you've ever heard? I test operating systems in my job.... Your about the most stupid person I've ever had the misfortune to waste my time with. Idiot.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

ah stop man, your making me cry.
    smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Igy:
    I didn't think XP was even released?
    Or are you all still getting beta versions?

</font>

Yes.

The copy I have is "Windows XP Pro Beta 2 Checked Build" as provided by MSDN.

Thanks for the feedback, all.

Bard
    Fatter, happier, more productive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

no problems, except one or two with people trying to get into dos,
    Xp will install on a partition other then the c drive, so if thats were you installed win2k pro then you wont have any problems setting it up else were.

you can even triple boot, win2kpro/win9x/windows xp this is handy if you testing out software on different os, hell im pretty sure you could bang in linux there with little trouble, but dont quote me as ive never use linux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

o one thing some people dual booting winme and winxp on Intel 815 Motherboards have problems.
    this probably doesnt effect you, but i thought id let you know, i dont know exactly why they have problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Been using XP with weeks and no problems yet.. I have 95, 98, ME, XP, 2k all on the same pc but that's ghosted and with sys commander. Haven't heard of any probs dualing with 2k and XP. XP is actually extremly stable if a little short on drivers at the mo.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

true, i had to go back from XP to 98 cause of lack of support for 3dfx cards in XP. shame really cause it seemed very stable and looked like a ***** covered in oil.

adnans

Advertisement