Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your thoughts please.

Options
  • 15-05-2002 8:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

This sounds familliar.. can be seen here on the boards.. some mods let the power go to their heads.. display some serious muppetry, loose there modship and then cry about it for weeks!! I think you should relax... also deligate... Let your m8s cook what they want as long as they clean up to a suitible level.. You can always go over it once they are done if you like!! Also you shuld have a word with your boss and see if he can arrange a roster.. instead of just you... each weak someone else takes over.. better all round i think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

it depends , if your mates think they can keep wrecking the place and making you clean it , well then your dead right to kick up . but understandably you are happy with your new power , but if you try to implement it too harshly people will resent you for it .dont let it change you , if people are telling you that you have lost your sense of humour maybe you should calm down a bit and remember that kitchens cant help you out when your down but friends can . i think as a trial for a week you should let them use the kitchen as they want and then decide how this reflects on you .when people see how much you are putting into your new responsibility they will realise it means a lot to you and gradually you should be able to reach a compromise.,. by the way i dont think your being an arse on this one, everybody likes some power , id imagine id be the same in your shoes .
    hope i was of some help to you .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Is it fair to say that this happens to most normal people when given a little bit of what we perceive to be power?

you havent been given power.
    there is no power in looking after a kitchen.

you have been given responsability.
    perhaps your overzelous cleaning etc is a sign that you would like extra responability?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Jaysus Monica.. let the people cook their grub... That is of course on the understanding that they clean up their own mess or be beaten to a pulp with a frying pan.

Its good that uve gotten extra responsibility but you seem to have some sort of "the hand that rocks the cradle" thing going on with the kitchen...

/me goes into Mercury's kitchen to make some spaghetti

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

me goes into Mercury's kitchen to make some spaghetti

don't drop any sause or he'll have your head!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Perhaps I'm missing the point, but if you're not getting paid for this, what exactly are you getting out of it (outside of a really wierd power trip)? Bonuses? Time off? Cherry pick of projects/clients?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

For the love of God someone design a "Kitchen God" card quick! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

a kitchen god is a bad idea, if the work is shared equally - ie. everyone cleans up after themselves, then all people can be slagged equally when they leave a mess, you, as you are, can be left wide open for a regular slagging if you actually make the effort to keep it clean and give out to others for not.

ps - any chance of coming round to my place, it's a total mess! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by rymus
    For the love of God someone design a "Kitchen God" card quick! :D

Kitchen Nazi! No soup for you!

I'd say they have to go on a rota to clean the kitchen and move away from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Just for context, how many people work for the firm / use the kitchen. And what is your normal job description?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    But your question is as valid as what i am asking. What am I getting out of it.
    That's the idea. I've often found that approaching the 'question' in different ways will often help.

Buona fortuna ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

:eek:
    I can't believe this thread!! It's insane.
    Mercury I think you're obsessive compulsive quite possibly, or else you're posting here in the hope someone will say this to ya. Well I've just said it, I'll also say this!

It's just a fúcking kitchen!!! Snap out of it. I'm not making light of your "problem" but, snap out of it for fooks sake! A kitchen???

Personal issues forum - for all your problems with partners, STD's, family issues, violence, moral dilemmas, and yes..... kitchens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

You know, I can think of someone not a million miles away who could probably relate 100% with the situation described by Mecrury_Tilt in that post. It's a tragic kind of situation; ultimately, that kind of disorder is going to lead to your co-workers despising you, joking about you behind your back, misspelling your name on purpose and even openly complaining about your kitchen-nazi antics.

I think you need to accept that you're just not the right person for the kitchen job and leave it to someone who'll handle it better, and get on with your life. It's a tough call but someone has to make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 LodgeBrother

Yeah too often people confuse responsibility with power. The type of responsibility that could be viewed as having a highered status than the norm should be treated as a privilege and not a right.

Nazi antics should never be tolerated especially when they are there are double standards involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

perhaps you should be removed from kitchen duties and a new kitchen prefect should be allowed in.
    perhaps you can view their work and you can learn from it and see where you think you may have gone wrong, or just how to relate more to people in the uses of the kitchen.

you can do so more in a kitchen than prepare food.
    good god, you can make love in a kitchen!
    so theres so much scope for development.

by the way, im not advocating that you make love in your kitchen, it was just sto show that you can do other things than prepare food. you are allowed to have fun you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

You'd love my kitchen Tilt. In fact for €50 I'll let you clean it.

• Advertisement

Advertisement