Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael's Richard Bruton slams the government on broadband

Options
  • 15-05-2002 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

http://www.enn.ie/news.html?code=7497874

Fine Gael's Richard Bruton has criticised the government's failure to deliver the broadband technology needed to keep Irish business competitive. "The government's commitment to delivering broadband nationwide has been abysmal," he said. "After five years in power, presiding over a revolution in communications technology, their failure to promote the broadband network has left Irish business particularly outside Dublin at a competitive disadvantage."

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

<applause>

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Bravo Richard Bruton!

Lets hope Fianna Fail remember this (and many more) stingings they've gotten from the members of other parties when they get re-elected. As much as it pains me to admit it to myself... Fianna Fail are going to get re-elected :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Hopefully has something to do with all the mail i have been sending him (he is my local td).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭ando

yet another reason to vote FG :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 hurler-on-ditch

Agree with Richard Bruton, we need to get our act together if we are to catch up, let alone, overtake our competitors.

Pity there are not more like him in his party - in common with the vast majority of people I cannot abide Baldy - any other leader and they might have had a chance to get more support.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

Pity it took an election for him to say it, where has this voice been outside election time?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Gunn4r
    Pity it took an election for him to say it, where has this voice been outside election time?

That is a great question to ask. If this wasent an election year would any TD actuclly care about broadband internet?

Although, nice of Bruton to highlight the issue..did he mention IOFFL?

Advertisement