Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Put your hands in your pockets, you tight bastards..........

Options
  • 15-05-2002 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

Mansun in the Ambassador next friday night looks like it could be cancelled because YOU (Yes, YOU) never bothered your arse to invest a lousy 20 quid on a ticket. They've apparently only sold 150 tickets for a 1200 venue, so if things don't take a dramatic turn for the better by the end of the week, its bye bye Mansun :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You know what you have to do

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

AGH that sux!!! OK I dont have my ticket yet but.... im gettin it tomorrow.It doesn't really surprise me though...

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

wow that *is* surprising.. unfortunately though that just shows you how much damage can be done by a sucky album..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

ah feck it. im in work. keep us update anyway, nad ill see if i can get thew night off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭hmmwhat?

Well ya convinced me anyhow... I like about three of their songs. It's on this Friday yeah? 20?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 nim psychotic

Ah feck. I've been waitin' years to see them. Hope they don't cancel. Apparently they're previewing a lot of totally new stuff on this mini tour. The setlist from a gig in the UK a few nights ago reads:

Being A Girl (Part One)
    Keep Telling Myself
    Getting Your Way
    Legacy
    Slipping Away
    The Chad Who Loved Me
    This Is My Home
    Wide Open Space
    Secrets
    ---
    Take It Easy Chicken

They're not even playing "Stripper Vicar" anymore :confused:
    Still, wonder what the new stuff is like. Supposed to be a lot more "rockier" than the last album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

Paul Draper (Lead singer) was on mansunchat last night, and said the gig would go ahead no matter how many tickets sold! also, that setlist you mentioned, add 5 more songs (Taxloss, Negative, Stripper Vicar, I Can Only Disappoint You, Electric Man). You didnt really think they'd only play 10 songs, did you?????

AH!!!!!!! 8 DAYS TO GO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 nim psychotic

Well that's OKAY THEN. (Just have to hear Stripper Vicar.....then I can die happy:) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Uncle Neddy

Ha Ha - the gig will go ahead no matter how many tickets are sold. I'll bet you that's exactly what MCD are saying !! Not fnckin likely.
    I think they're alright but 'Wide Open Space' is one of the worst songs I've ever heard. I thought they were some kind of epic belgian rock band when I first heard that.
    Video for taxloss is really funny. And at least they have experimented a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Paaah the tickets are nearer 25 notes still alot for them and for that smelly venue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

are you saying Mansun arn't worth it? ARE YOUUUUUUUU?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I'm just reading this thread and I think it might be the work of a troll! I was at Sparklehorse last November at the Ambasador and the venue was easily 3/4's empty. Therefore I can't see them being too bothered about attendance.

I was also talking to a friend of mine who used to work in concert promotion about this and she said that bands will sometimes take a loss on a gig (esp if its their first in a diff country) in order to keep their good name with whatever fanbase they've already establised there.

Now I'm not saying don't buy tickets DO FOR GOD SAKE ... cos I love Mansun. Just DON'T believe everything you read here!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

ok I'm assuming the gig is still on cos I haven't heard otherwise. I've never been to a gig in the olympia before so, what time do the support act & headline act usually play at there ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

im goin!!!!! woohoo!
    how much are ticktes?
    i thought it was the ambassador, not the olympia?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

25 yo-yos to see Mansun. Come on who are you tryin to kid. Who is supportin.... Marion and Shed Seven??

Yours

Cyd Cynical

Advertisement