Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard concern

• 15-05-2002 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know why when playing games with my keyboard that I can only press two keys. When I press the third it doesn't do anythink. This may not seem like much of a problem but it is getting to me.

for example. when i play halflife mods(cs/dod/firearms) i usually try to do the following but am not able to do so. Press forward, tab(check scores) and then try to turn(using keyboard) and i am not able to.

Or when crouched+moving forward+trying to check scores/sidestep/lastused weapon/walk or sprint

you know what i mean. Now my brothers keyboard is a 3 or 4 year old gateway one and it is grand. Mine isn't even a year old and it cant. Though it is only a Genius brand.

Is there anything that i can do to fix this?

except maybe buying a better one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

1 of 2 things, its either a cheap or crap keyboard controller on the motherboard or its a limitation on the keyboard itself. The fact that its genius keyboard would leed me to say dump it and get a decent one. Probably cost € 30 - 40 for an ok one that wont have the limitation.

Regards,

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I bought a keyboard for 90p from Ebuyer in the UK which is fine.

You don't have to throw money at it to get a decent keyboard. Spending more gives you a better chance of avoiding this problem, but it doesn't guarantee it.

If your brothers keyboard works on your machine is fine then it's definitely your keyboard is the problem.

Suck it and see, get a new one, explain your problem to the shop and ask if they will allow you to bring it back if theres still a problem. If you go to certain shops they may even have a secondhand keyboard or two around for you to try. Unusual problem though, never seen it on any of the 40-50 keyboards that have been in my house in the past couple of years.

Advertisement