Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I tweak my GeForce 2 MX ?

• 27-06-2001 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

I bought a GeForce 2 MX AGP 32MB SDR about 3 weeks ago.The graphics card that I had before was a Voodoo 3 3500.
    My FPS in games like Half-Life was a steady 71 and after I bought a GeForce 2 there was no change in my fps.
    Should there have been?
    My CPU specs are:

.Pentium 3 500 Mhz
    .256 RAM
    .Windows 98

The main thing I want to ask is how do I EXACTLY tweak my GeForce 2?
    A friend of mine has a worse computer than me,he has a Voodoo 3 3000 and he used a tweaking program called NVmax which can also be used for GeForce 2 tweaking.
    Anway when he used this he got a 100 fps

Please help tongue.gif
    Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

Booyeah.. i knew it wud come in handy

http://var.gameshop.ie/fps

ph33r

Exactly what u need biggrin.gif

RentZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

In case those utilities don't let you over clock the card, get powerstrip here:

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/files/ps3beta.exe

You should be able to clock the core up to 200mhz, the memory to 200mhz or a little more.

[This message has been edited by Gerry (edited 27-06-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Mr Pussy

Thanks for the reply lads but I tryed both of them and had no change in my FPS frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

It could be synching to the monitor's refresh rate... I can't remember where that is in the settings, it's *somewhere* in Advanced Properties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

yep... settings->advanced->adapter settings is where it is.

but since its a steady 71 it just sounds to me like its the cl_maxfps or whatever the equivalent setting is in halflife... change it to 0 and you should see an improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

That would be
    fps_modem and fps_max

RentZ

Advertisement