Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last minute revision course ?

Options
  • 15-05-2002 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

I do the weekly grinds in Ashfield and saw that they do last minute revision courses. Anyone know if they are worth going to or just another way for them to get cash outta me ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

are you looking for a crash course type thing with focus and revision on important topics or more something that helps you with your exam answering technique?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I guess :D

I'll probably skip it and just goto libary

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

my school in cork are giving us 2 weeks of intense course study for free if we want to come in.
    its cool

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

all those revision courses are just a load of bollix...this is going to be my 4th time this year being offered the damn things..i attend the first lot...all they do is hand you out notes on stuff u have done...so unless you have never attended class you are better off going studying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

They can be useful esp. if you want to gain that edge that can mean the difference between a b1 and an a1 but if you don't do any work there a waste of time....personally I'd just study in a library....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

The ones in Ashfield are 5 hour block sessions, so I reckon theyre a total waste of money cos nobody can pay the required level of attention after about 1 and a half hours. Also, I dont think I could put up with Eamon or John Walsh or Tony Kelly for that long.

I have your man John for grinds (the long hair ?) He seems more interested in the girls then teaching (dont blame him:D)

The handy thing is though that he is giving us a free course in C.s between last exams and cs.

I have a really bad attention spam so I doubt I'm going to sit somewhere for 5 hours :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

if you want to gain that edge that can mean the difference between a b1 and an a1

emmm i wouldn't touch a revision course in my A1 subjects with a barge poll like wtf are they gonna tell me about maths/applied maths/chem/phyics now anyway? and considering most of the bruce revision courses are tought by my teachers (i being in bruce) and that the ones that arn't are being thought by teachers worse than mine they are a real bad idea.

If u don't know your stuff by now you are ****ed tbh. So anyone think'n a last minute revision course will save em can keep on dreaming...

I had John too for grinds this year. I'm still crap at English, just glad to still be in hons tho! Were you in my grinds? (sat 10.45) I forgot about the free king lear class tonight!

Nah I got up for the early one cause I'm great :)

• Advertisement

Argh mornings! I had accounting at 9.30 (yuck)

I accidently got lost and ended up in the maths grind this morning :)

Big waste of time really, I just wanted to pop in and get some tips really to brush up on the stuff I havent done in a long time.

I left early and ended up playing Amerian football in school instead :D

Of course I didnt give the real name and details when filling out the stuff they can bugger off they aint getting another penny from me!

Advertisement