Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr. Miller and Giant Sand

Options
  • 15-05-2002 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

I saw Giant Sand in vicar stret last night and was quite impressed with the handful of songs i heard. Anyone know much about them?
    and regarding dr. miller (or is it millar?) who did that song youre not paranoid that i spent YEARS trying to discover who sang it, they just so happened to be playing the cd of his called "the deed" i think after the gig, and it turns out my mate's a huge fan and was able to give me all the info!!! i didnt realise he was irish! AND he's playing in the shelter this friday and i've got a STUPID bloody exam the next day!!! so someone please go and tell me what its like!!! pete reed, paul clarke...i know you're both fans so GO!!!! and try and convince him to do another gig soon !!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crow

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for Dr. Millar gigs for aaaaages, i have his first album and its pretty impressive and from what I've heard of the newer stuff i reeeeeeeeally liked, he has a track on that Phutloose compilation called "Finally Ok" which is stunning... sadly i have a rehearsal this friday. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

Yeah - Dr Miller is playing in the Shelter in Friday to promote the new album. Pretty good stuff in it an' all!. Nick Kelly is playing support, so it should be a real good night. I'll be there along with at least another couple of Phantom people, so I'll letchaz know how it goes.

See ya,
    P. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

cool e sin. i was just about to tell you about nick kelly supporting to try and urge you all to go. enjoy urselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 joe10speed

i was at the doctor millar gig last night and it was the best gig ive ever seen him do! and ive seen a few! good news though, hes planning quite a lot of gigs in the near future so keep your eyes peeled.. in the meantime, his brand new album came out yesterday and is in the shops now so get yourself a copy.. it's only gorgeous!
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

im gona get one of his other albums first i think well, let us know when any of his gigs are coming up!!!!

so anyone know anything about giant sand?

• Advertisement
Advertisement