Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Aftershock

Options
  • 15-05-2002 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

Was drinking heavily recentlly and we ended up having aftershocks, the blue ones. All I want to know is, what the hell is in them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭root

Great stuff, especially in the mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 simpsons rule

try and mix red and blue and you get purple , you also get sick and will have a sever hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭sinus

try heiniken and blue aftershock

or

jd and blue aftershock!

yummmmm................bluuuuuugggghhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I've grown accustomed to warming up on the heineken and then getting ****faced with shots of blue aftershock in a glass with ice :)

Reminds me of a mint syrup drink I used to have whenever on holiers in France

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Blue aftershock and Smirnoff Ice. Nyom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

double vodka, blue aftershock and orange breezer. the most powerful substance in the universe. is known to shift the effect of gravity through 90 degrees somtimes even 180 degrees and decrease the mass of money in your pocket to almost nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Aftershock is a cinnamon liqueur, the blue one has mint flavouring added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Aftershock is a cinnamon liqueur

Not entirely true - it's a totally artificial product, unlike most liquers which are fermented etc. like other alcoholic drinks. Aftershock is, well, basically a cynical marketing ploy to sell shots to people who would normally never drink them due to the strong taste.

It's also -->||<-- that close to being banned outright in a number of European countries due to the astonishing ease of drinking yourself to death on the evil shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i gargle with it in the morning after brushing my teeth.

what?

you say its not mouthwash?
    you mean people actually drink it for enjoyment?

how bizarre?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Actually that's not a bad idea, you get hair of the dog and minty fresh breath all in one easy to gargle package. Just be sure to spit, not swallow...

(Aftershock: now in Listerine flavour, to complement the other flavours for pussies who can't stomach whiskey, vodka or any of the other infinitely more sensible shots out there.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Blue aftershock and Smirnoff Ice. Nyom.

i wonder where ya got that ida

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Shinji
    (Aftershock: now in Listerine flavour, to complement the other flavours for pussies who can't stomach whiskey, vodka or any of the other infinitely more sensible shots out there.)

Indeed. And if you're still sold on that cinammon flavour, then go to a pub that stocks Goldschlager and get yo'self a shot of that goodness. Clear liquid, with genuine gold leaf flakes in it. Cant be good for you, but damn does it look cool.

Last I checked, Messer Maguires in Dublin definitely had it.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Having gone though a bit of a Goldschlager phase a few years ago, I wonder do I still have a thin layer of gold leaf sitting at the bottom of my stomach. :)

Evil stuff in terms of after effects but I think it tasted a hell of a lot better than After Shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Wow, real gold leaf? Kolodny come over here for a second, my jeweler needs to do an emergency appendectomy on you.

Thats like the tobacco that some Pakistani people chew - it has gold leaf mixed in. I'd hate it to touch my fillings though :eek:

Need to check that stuff out methinks (hope the barman thinks I'm over 18 ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Never tried the blue stuff, but you do tend to taste the alcamehol after a few of the red ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Are you sure those aren't genuine Cinamon flakes? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Apparantly those gold flakes are suppose to make tiny cuts in your gums and throat so the alchohol goes into your system faster .....

Could be an old wives tale but it makes sense !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Wow, real gold leaf? Kolodny come over here for a second, my jeweler needs to do an emergency appendectomy on you

I wouldn't bother. One of the lesser **** jobs I've had was gilding (applying gold leaf) A six inch square of 9ct leaf costs about 11p old money

Thanks for the info guys, on the origins of Aftershock anyway

Don

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

oh deary.... Blue Aftershock........my mate still blames me for him getting mugged in dublin on the night of his birthday last august after giving him one of those and him after being on the beer + spirits all day, tsk! some people:rolleyes:

The fact that he was mouldy drunk and said he would drink anything but a Blue Aftershock and i went off and got him one anyway and mixed it with blackcurrant so he wouldn't know what it was (cause i was drunk and thought it would be funny) DOESN'T make him right!!!........:confused:

And he wasn't mugged in a conventional sense, he fell asleep near a taxi rank, after him being kicked out without anyone seeing it happen, and theiving young lads went through his pockects..so noy my fault......

Advertisement