Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird, nolimits account still open?

• 27-06-2001 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭

I can still connect through my nolimits account, but I got the letter and everything why haven't I been cut off?

Have they by default transferred everyone on nolimits to their basic pay per minute package?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

you are limited to 75hours a month, go over it and your gone.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

So what if I go over 75 hours then i'm automatically cut off forever or just for the rest of the month?

But I thought everyone who got the letter was to be cut off by the 24th of last month?

your gone 4 good.oh yes, and charged the premium rate for the hours you went over 75.

I wonder why they're giving me a second chance I as probably the top of that list of over users, as they called us.

About 120 hours a month I clocked up,last time I checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Thats not near the top of the list, i know lots of people who'd have an average of 300 hours at least a month online smile.gif /me looks at par, strat and himself.

*cough*
    daves l33t site 0wns j00.

• Advertisement

So basically i'm getting a second chance here, kewel, It'll take me about two months to **** it all up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,462 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

You do not connect end of story if you were cut off, if you are still on, you can either..

1) Go mental and clock up as many hours till you are cut off

2)Count you're blessings and limit your time online till Eircom allows competition..in reality.

Either way you will be billed the same amount by Esat. If i had the choice anymore i'd use SNL for weekday usage and NTL for the weekend(if its available in your area--mostly in the larger cities , cork,dublin, limerick etc)), but i don't have that choice..be wise.

Right now its UTV internet, weekdays,and NTL weekends for me.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Uh, when I set up my SNL account, they told me that if I used the accout before it was properly set up I would be charged normal phone charges. Which I was. Then I got set up and everything was cool.
    Basically what I'm saying is that your probably kicked from the service, but still can connect through their servers. Your still, however, paying for local calls so there aint much point. Trying ringing them up and asking, usually works.
    1800 923 222 - I think.

IvAn
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,462 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thats strange Ivan, i just get an engaged tone now, as do several friends too. The only time i ever got billed per minute was outside the 6-8am etc timeframe, and that was esat, not by eircom.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

if i used the nolimits number during peak times i got billed by esat.

• Advertisement

That's weird, why have I been allowed to stay on the service?

Thanks for the replies BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ivan:
    Uh, when I set up my SNL account, they told me that if I used the accout before it was properly set up I would be charged normal phone charges. Which I was. Then I got set up and everything was cool.
    Basically what I'm saying is that your probably kicked from the service, but still can connect through their servers. Your still, however, paying for local calls so there aint much point. Trying ringing them up and asking, usually works.
    1800 923 222 - I think.

</font>

It's been a while but I thought the dialup number changed on completion of registration

Currently I get no response from the SNL number as I was booted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I was due to be kicked off SNL on the 16th, and, as promised, I was disconnected on the stroke of midnight on the 16th.
    If I try to dial in, the remote modem won't even answer the call.

Be careful though, just because you can dial in - doesn't necessarily mean you won't be billed for the calls.
    And god help you on phone-bill-day if you use it like an unmetered service biggrin.gif
    Use it sparingly until you know what the full story is.
    Wait a month and see what happens, it could just be some b0rk up with caller ID or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

Yup, all you need to connect to No Limits is (adding in an account to either Windows Dial-up networking or Kppp in KDE, or whatever):

Phone Number: 142-1-3321030-01235 (no "-" of course)
    Username: nolimits
    Password: nolimits

And throw in any old DNS like Oceanfree's, say: 159.134.237.6

If you don't connect you're account is disabled. The 142 allows the computer at the other end to verify that the phone number you are ringing from is one registered to a valid account (i.e., if you are ex-directory it will allow their Caller ID system to verify your number).

I am not at my No Limits account phone at the moment, and I did get the letter stating I would be cut off from 31st May. It worked until mid-June, and then I left for a while, so I don't know if I am cut off now.

Regarding the 75 hours aspect, I have not been officially informed of this by letter or email, etc., . In case that number doesn't work or something, it might be that the number above is only for Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement