Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality of Razor Boomslangs?

• 15-05-2002 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Just wondering on what sort of Quality the Razor Boomslang 1,000 are??

Heard of some people that they can be ****e and break really easily but they are urrently on special from komplett.ie for €65excl Vat which is ...well kinda good..

would i be better off a with dual optical logitec of 800DPi and 2,000Refresh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Any1 ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

If you're going to get a Boomslang, get the 2000 dpi model. Every single Boomslang 1000 I've ever used has been dodgy. I've been using my 2000 for quite a while now, and I've never used a better gaming mouse.

Haven't used the Logitech you mentioned, so I can't comment on it, but it looks pretty sweet spec-wise. If you can possibly try before you buy (goes for any mouse), do so (but keep in mind it can take a while to get used to a new mouse, especially one drastically different to what you're used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

JP, you can try out mine for a while if you want. Call out to the house, I'll have the lube ready.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I had my 2000 just over a year and it started to double click when i single clicked.
    I wrote away and they sent me a brand new one.
    Found out all was wrong was the contacts in the button was dirty so if i just clean them it will work. It's happened to this mouse aswell.
    Also i fixed the old one with a B&D wizard but i broke the wheel holder

So in other words.....
    When u sent away and complained did u tell give them your recipt copy or number wiv the letter or just a letter of complaint???
    Surpirsed that they would just send a new mouse out without checking the old one..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

The boomslang 2000 is excellent, but wears out faster than other mice, so only buy it if you have loads of cash to burn.

Originally posted by Doodee
    So in other words.....
    When u sent away and complained did u tell give them your recipt copy or number wiv the letter or just a letter of complaint???
    Surpirsed that they would just send a new mouse out without checking the old one..

Yeah i told em i lived in Ireland.

omg.... did they have any of yer records on file???
    Did u send a copy of the reciept??
    Kewl...
    /me springs and Idea

any chance you miht be selling the broken one???

They asked for the serial number.
    I'm gonna rebuild the old one.
    If ya friends got one get his serial and email them and see what they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by PPC
    If ya friends got one get his serial and email them and see what they say.

Naughty!! :)

• Advertisement

Lol.
    That ain't naughty its just cleaver.
    As cleaver as Prof. Fox of Oxford's devision of cleaverness who moved to the UN's department of cleaverness cause he was so cleaver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

The boomslang 2000 is the mouse of choice for PCZone magazine (You will see it in their rated an recommended section every month, plus they gave it a glowing review last year).

None of my friends have boomslangs...
    Did u buy it directly off their site?

Nope got it form Gameplay but they done do em anymore.

Any chance you might sell one o those Boomslangs????
    I cant offer too much monies but may have something that you need... got lots o Hardware lying around...
    Need to replace the Intelli mouse Explorer I just sold for 30yoyo's

Nope.
    I'm using the good one as my main mouse and the other one im using to do test mods on.

Sorry

Advertisement