Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new games review site

Options
  • 15-05-2002 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Now that we have to pay a fiver a [edit]month[/edit] to read gamespot.com I'm on the look out for a new games page. Are there any other web sites out there that have informed and unbiased reviews of all the latest and greatest for the pc and ps2? Failing that what pc mags would you suggest buying. I'm thinking of getting a year sub on the uk PC GAMER, this a good or bad idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You have to pay for Gamespot now? damn....

try www.sharkyextreme.com
    also there is one on Yahoo too
    .. what about gamespot.co.uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I particularly like Blues News (http://www.bluesnews.com)

They have a nice feature every day listing what games are reviewed on certain sites (for instance, today they say that "Elder Scrolls: Morrowind" has just been reviewed on ZenGamer, ActionTrip, AllOutGames and SpinXero). They have listings for 11 other games too. All listings have exact links to the reviews, too....

They have started getting into console review lists too (eg. Resident Evil on the GC has just been reviewed on GamesFirst and GamersPress). Listings for 6 other games.

And they do this every single day. Great resource, and the only games site I visit every day without fail !! :cool:

Hope you find it as useful as I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

www.playerofgames.com will be reviewing more games in the not to distant future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Crash&Burn

Yeah that playerofgames is a very good site ....... I think I will go read it now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

What ho good chap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

There's a good chance I knew about playerofgames seeing as I'm listed in the staff :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Crash&Burn

Any chance of doin some work as seen as your staff :P

They're not too bad actually seeing as I have sweet **** all lined up for the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't recommend popping over to see the nice chaps at www.eurogamer.net - no, I don't work directly on this site. But it's good regardless, although more news-focused than reviews-focused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

To go along with the fantabulous playerofgames.com and eurogamer.net, I recommend www.extra-life.co.uk (a forum and forthnightly newsletter type thingy). Xengamers.com is good for the occasional article too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

what about www.ign.com
    i find they are the best .
    Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Yes. WWW.PLAYEROFGAMES.COM

there will be plenty more game reviews during the Summer so please be patient but DO VISIT US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I used to read Bluesnews, and very good it was too, I liked the way they had listings for reviews on other sites, but I've sort of given up on PC gaming for a while and they don't do console reviews the same way, so I'll be looking for an alternative magazine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

gamespot.co.uk is a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Now that the GIA have gone down the toilet, I'd also recommend eurogamer. I also still drop into ign.com the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Early indications would suggest that www.gameforms.com (founded by former GIA staff) is picking up where the GIA left off.

Thanks for all the sites lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

must say i hop along to www.voodooextreme.com the odd time too

Advertisement