Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matrox Parhelia-512

• 15-05-2002 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

With the ongoing battle between NVIDIA and ATI, everyone has forgotten about Matrox (who were bought a while back by Creative Labs) who haven't had anything out since the G400 (i think).

I'm just after reading a preview of their up and coming new graphics card, the Parhelia-512 and i have to say it look like a really nice but of technology with some excellent and original new features.

Ye can read an in depth preview of it at FiringSquad . Well worth a read if ure a graphics card buff. (says the guy still using a voodoo 3 :rolleyes: )

One of the really interesting features is the TrippleHead DeskTop.
    21.jpg

Mind you if you can't afford the 3 LCD screens, you'll need a bloody big, sturdy desk for the 3 CRTs :)

its interesting because you only have to extend the Field Of Vision in the game from 90 to 110-120 the get the game running at up to 3840 x 1024 @ 32bpp. (1280x1024 @32bpp on each monitor)

won't be a cheap card, as usual wiith new offerings from Matrox, around the $500 mark.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

:rolleyes:
    nice image and err OLD NEWS
    check the board before u post :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

:o
    well i'd hardly call it "old news".
    bloody 'ell ye don't visit boards for a few days and when ye try to post something interesting for the betterment of the community they shoot ye down...:rolleyes:

Gerry, merge the two threads so if ye would, please.
    Ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

"everyone has forgotten about Matrox (who were bought a while back by Creative Labs) who haven't had anything out since the G400 (i think). "

Not to nitpick, 3DLabs were bought by Creative.

Matrox have released other card recently, but only boring cards for large OEMs (G450, G550).

Matt

Advertisement