Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do you do in your car while stuck in traffic?

Options
  • 15-05-2002 6:21pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Read a book/magazine/newspaper?
    Shave?
    Pick your nose?
    well? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Usually listen to the radio. Not music though because usually it frustates me in the car unless i'm moving. That new talk 106 station is good. I like George Hook's Programme.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

listen to ray darcy on today fm or else give the interior a quick polish with my trusty yellow cloth.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Good to see you're giving that car a nice polish up.. planning another visit up to my area Cheif? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

chuck on the beach boys and start singing away...
    you tend to get strange looks though from other drivers but screw them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Well, I drive a bike, so when traffic's at a standstill, I normally filter my way up to the front of the queue at the lights or whatever. It seems to piss car drivers off no-end :D

(take it I say)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I was wondering how long it would be until one of you bike bums brag about your maneuverability.

Damn thee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Usually just listen to music and sing along, maybe send a text.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

"I wonder does she have nice legs"
    "Wow, that car in front almost pulls off hiding the L plates"
    "Would they ever fcking hurry up and fix my radio (looks like its been robbed)"
    "Wonder how much damage my door could do to the cyclist weaving between traffic with a walkman playing"
    "USE THE PROPER LANES"
    ^ some of the thoughts that go through my head in traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Stephen
    Well, I drive a bike, so when traffic's at a standstill, I normally filter my way up to the front of the queue at the lights or whatever. It seems to piss car drivers off no-end :D

(take it I say)

Piss them off it does indeed... especially on the link road at 8am :D Just think.. if the whole country drove bikes there wouldnt be any traffic jams! (that and every day would be like one big bike rally... Bitchin'!)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

that sounds good to me, cant beat a nice line up of bikes at the traffic lights with all the cars behind, or the look on their face as you cruise by, I hope they open the bus lanes to us too make it that bit easier and safer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Kazujo
    that sounds good to me, cant beat a nice line up of bikes at the traffic lights with all the cars behind, or the look on their face as you cruise by, I hope they open the bus lanes to us too make it that bit easier and safer

That'd be sooo feckin cool. A little rally every day before college :D:D The competition among the racey crowd and the moped crowd would be fierce tho :D

They should defo open up the bus lanes for us....

When I had a car I used to just sing my heart out for the entire journey, I couldn't give a fúck what people thought. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Stick in some tunes in dance around like a feckin eejit or just pic my nose!! :D

As far as I know we're the only country in the EU that motorbikes cant use the bus lanes, but our super inteligent government ignore all of the studies that prove it's a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Kazujo
    As far as I know we're the only country in the EU that motorbikes cant use the bus lanes, but our super inteligent government ignore all of the studies that prove it's a good idea

I reckon we start a protest group and call ourselves...BIBLE!!

Biking In Bus Lanes Evangelists!!

:D:D

Hmm bible eh?? Mag have tried it a couple of times now and have been denied everytime, they have statistics that opening the bus lanes for motorbikes eases traffic and reduced the number of bike related accidents in the city but the DOE still turned doen the proposal

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

I'm a cyclist myself, but I notice that most drivers listen to music and honk their horns to the beat of the music, or maybe their just pi$$ed off with me, the cyclist.

n.b. To date I have smashed 3 car mirrors and I'm looking for more :)

Advertisement