Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newbie needs a smacking

• 15-05-2002 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51501&perpage=20&pagenumber=4

"R.A.McCartney" addressing "Bonkey":
    Does JC stand for Joe mcCarthy? Because you certainly sound like Old Joe. 'Are you now or have you ever been a member of the ICP?' To paraphrase Woody Allen in 'The Front': I don't recognise your right to ask me these kind of questions, and further more, you can go **** yourself. I am reporting you to the directors of boards.ie for abusing your position as a moderator, and I urge everyone who believes in free speech to do the same.

/me pulls up a ring-side chair

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hehe, did he report bonkey to bonkey?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Well yes and no, he's pleaded his case to me, however the first thing I read was R.A.M. telling a mod to "go **** himself"
    so I havent done anything and I'll be watching the forum for a while.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Has bonkey given up posting to boards because of this, or for another reason (or is he just on holiday or something)? Cos it'd be a shame if that happened because of some muppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Is anyone else amused by the sudden rise in muppets reporting moderators to the phearsome directors of Boards.ie because THAT'LL SHOW THEM OH YES IT WILL!

eejits :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by shotamoose
    Has bonkey given up posting to boards because of this, or for another reason (or is he just on holiday or something)?

Our forum guidelines state that a mod will not discuss that stuff in a thread. Given that I cant PM RAM to get it sorted either, I simply handed it off to deVore via PM, as per his instructions a while back after the last big mod flameup. He, as he says, is watching. I'm staying outta it.

<aside>Course, he could have PMed me back and let me know what was happening ;) </aside>

As to the absence thing....this all cropped up round about the same time that work got somewhat busy (no posting during day) and I have visitors from Ireland for the week....so its all I can do to just mod the forum. No time for posting much at the mo.
    Cos it'd be a shame if that happened because of some muppet.

Aw shux. Youre too kind. Im pretty sure theres a lot of people wouldnt consider it a shame at all at all.

jc

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

oops, sorry about that bonkey.

I usually watch a while before making a decision, I dont just support mods blindly but then I read some of the things being written and I wanted to see more of what was going on.
    I'm not exactly sure whats going on yet but Jacques does not impress me with his civility as yet.

DeV.

Advertisement