Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terms & Conditions?

Options
  • 15-05-2002 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Now that May 14th has come and gone, where can one find Eircom's Terms & Conditions for the ADSL service? I don't see them anywhere on their site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Bios

aye, i'd like to see them too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭neverhappen

istream section of the eircom price list (note acrobat reader required)

might as well paste them in.....(rejigged the price table a bit...)

Level
    Bandwidth
    Monthly Download Limit (4)
    Connection charge
    Monthly Rental

eircom i-stream solo
    512kbs Downstream / 128kbs Upstream
    3GB
    €165.00 (£129.95)
    €89.00 (£70.10)

eircom i-stream multi
    1MB Downstream / 256kbs Upstream
    6GB
    €165.00 (£129.95)
    €139.00 (£109.47)

eircom i-stream enhanced
    1MB Downstream / 256kbs Upstream
    Unlimited
    €165.00 (£129.95)
    €169.00 (£133.10)

Notes:

1 A customer requesting the connection of an eircom i-stream access must make available a telephone exchange line that is rented from the company to facilitate the connection of such access.

2 eircom i-stream connection and monthly rental charges are payable in addition to the telephone exchange line connection and monthly rental charges.

3 It shall be the responsibility of the eircom i-stream customer to ensure that compatible customer premises equipment is available to enable the company to effect the connection of eircom i-stream access.

4 Where customer usage exceeds the specified monthly download limit appropriate to the customer's chosen level, the company reserves the right to charge the customer for the excess use or to request the customer to select a more appropriate level for its usage. In the event of a customer refusing or neglecting to select an appropriate level, eircom may upon due notice terminate the provision of the facility to the customer. The additional charge for excess usage is 3.00c / (2.36p) per MB.

5 Upgrades or downgrades to existing eircom i-stream access levels shall not incur additional connection charges. Monthly rental charges for upgraded or downgraded eircom i-stream access shall be based on the charges for the revised bandwidth.

6 Transfer of an eircom i-stream access where service is continuous and / or removal of an eircom i-stream access to another location shall be subject to the appropriate connection charge as specified in the table above.

7 An eircom i-stream access is subject to a minimum contract period of twelve months. Where an eircom i-stream access is ceased during the minimum twelve month contract period the customer is liable to pay the monthly rental for the balance of the unexpired contract period up to a maximum of six months' rental.

8 eircom i-stream is not necessarily supplied in all areas.

9 All charges shown are exclusive of value added tax

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by neverhappen

1 A customer requesting the connection of an eircom i-stream access must make available a telephone exchange line that is rented from the company to facilitate the connection of such access.

A rather cynical condition do you not think?

Read "Eircom only". A rather anti-competitive condition, no?? :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by Lemming

Read "Eircom only". A rather anti-competitive condition, no?? :-/
    It would be kinda hard for Eircom to give you DSL without a line that ran to their exchange - not that the is any other kind of line in this country, for all intents and purposes.

That's not what I'm after neverhappen. I'm looking for their list of thing you're not allowed to do with the connection for which you paid through the nose. A document that says the obvious things like "Thou shalt not spam", but might equally say nasty things like "Thou shalt not run a web server".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

that would be on the contract you sign with them,but normaly they dont put it on the web email someone who has signed the contract, i cant think of anynames off the top of my as i have been missing from the boards 4 a while

Originally posted by irishguy
    that would be on the contract you sign with them,but normaly they dont put it on the web
    Most ISPs do have their T&Cs or AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) clearly stated on their web site. There's a link on www.eircom.net to their AUP - it doesn't appear to work right now but it's still available through google's cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by longword

Most ISPs do have their T&Cs or AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) clearly stated on their web site. There's a link on www.eircom.net to their AUP - it doesn't appear to work right now but it's still available through google's cache.

its here
    http://home.eircom.net/policy/index.html

Originally posted by jd

its here
    http://home.eircom.net/policy/index.html
    Well spotted. Some of their links point to that URL, but without the 'index.html' bit on the end and it fails. Serves them right for moving to a Microsoft web server.

Anyway. Where are Eircom hiding the equivalent for ADSL....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

Hmm... :confused:
    has anyone notice this paragraph in terms of service?
    abit worrying that they can insist you go up to a higher tarrif and then they can still cut you off even though your paying the extra per mb download??

4 Where customer usage exceeds the specified monthly download limit
    appropriate to the customer's chosen level, the company reserves the right to
    charge the customer for the excess use or to request the customer to select a
    more appropriate level for its usage. In the event of a customer refusing or
    neglecting to select an appropriate level, eircom may upon due notice
    terminate the provision of the facility to the customer .

• Advertisement

Originally posted by BoneCollector
    In the event of a customer refusing or neglecting to select an appropriate level, eircom may upon due notice terminate the provision of the facility to the customer.
    At the rate Eircom is charging per extra megabyte downloaded, I'm pretty sure that'll never happen and instead Eircom will be rubbing their hands in glee at the idiot user.

For example if you're on Solo and you're downloading 6GB, the cap of the next product up the scale, you'll be forking out 179 euro a month. If they put you on the Multi option, not only would you be getting a better service at double the speed up and down, but you'd also be paying Eircom LESS at 139 euro.

All prices ex VAT of course.

Advertisement