Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

residency 2002

Options
  • 15-05-2002 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

has anyone else been denied residency to 2002 session2 cos they live in dublin. i have which is going to mean a 45min bus journy, which wil mean getting up at 7 every morning. i dont even get up that early during school. and my friend just lives 10 mins further away and he got residency. whats with that.
    the shift on my computer is broken so my message dosnt look like it was typed by a talented youth.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Ah... I remember commuting from Rathfarnham. Not fun. Bloody 16 (the bus that is). Ah... but at least I had Kerrie and Donal to keep me company, eh?

But that was all back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 duckgirl

thats all very well for you but all my ctyi friends are going to session 1 or live northside. i'll have to commute from ranelagh.

Hehehe.... i didn't know them though. Sorta do now, although never really kept in touch with Donal and only see kerrie cause she works in a local shop...

Kerrie Wynne and Donal Gary btw...

oh, and is there any way i'd know you duckgirl person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

i presume that means you're doing session 2 then, duckgirl? cool, what'd you get? i'll see you up there...
    sHep :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

In all fairness!

I know people who had to commute from Kildare and places like that, a 45 minute journey isn't the worst in the world.

They probably gave residence to the people who lived furtherest away (ie. outside Dublin) and then randomly chose those inside it who'd get a room.

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Ok ill explain it here again.
    What happened was there was a new rule brought in in DCU which meant that people couldn't share a room and therefore there's only two people per apartment this year.
    And since CTYI hasn't been given/hasn't applied for more res or whatever they've had to ask all the Dubs to commutte.
    M'kay?

Hard luck though duckgirl. It's gotta be annoying for sure.

'cept me. and what's more i live ten minutes down the road MWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAAAAA. :D
    sorry, that was cruel and uncalled for. i apologise profusely. xxx
    sHep :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

The first year i was in ctyi I commuted. I live near tallaght, it meant 2 damn long bus rides every day. I was up at 6.30 every morning! ouch. Cant be that bad commuting from Ranelagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ashley

Does anyone know if people from the Mount Merrion/Stillorgan area have to be commuters? Just wondering cause I have a very good friend who lives there, he's unfortunately in Germany right now so I don't hear from him very often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Aisling

Ashley, I don't think that people in the Mount Merrion/Stillorgan area have to be commuters, I got into the residential camp anyways. It takes anywhere from an hour and a half to two hours to get from there to DCU because there's no direct bus routes or anything (I learnt this the hard way when I was doing the Saturday courses). Also, are you talking about Eoin?

• Advertisement

Yeah I am. I get letters from him but he rarely gets internet access so news gets slightly delayed. You probably think it's weird of me to be concerned about this but it would be pretty awful if Eoin had to be a commuter after the past two years of being together 24/7 - practically at camp.

Um id suggest be prepared for the possibility.
    Not saying that he wont get Res but anything's possible...
    I'd say that there are a good lot of Dublin people getting Res though.
    Well i'd think so anyways.

I just got an email from Eoin, he and Rosie got residential. My head is still in the clouds. He has a theory or two about it but I don't care I'm just so glad he's residential.

Congrats.
    Well done.
    Enjoy.
    Etcetera, etcetera...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

i commuted my first year,and most people's reaction was "oh my god,you're commuting from drogheda??" but it took less time than people who had to go through the city.

aisling-are you doing session 1 or 2??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Aisling

I'm doing session one, why do you ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

What happened was there was a new rule brought in in DCU which meant that people couldn't share a room and therefore there's only two people per apartment this year.
    are you serious? One person per room? I had that last year.

lordsippa, what sessions did you do, i might know you from somewhere. and shep, im doing advertising, what about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

You're doing s2 then? me too. doing Architecture

I did session 2 for 99, 00, and 01. Creative Writing, Legal Studies, and Psychology.

• Advertisement

And you've probably seen him at reunions.

:) A-Ha. Return of function to my Shift Key.
    Lordsippa, duckgirl also goes by Zoe McNair.
    Clear anything up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

aisling,just wanted to know if you'd be joining me at session 2.oh well.i'll be visiting session 1 so maybe i'll see you then.

zoe-hey!it's aideen!

i'll be doing journalism. i wonder do i know you?... my name rhymes with yours... (chloe) i wear the black hat that most people seem to know better than me... arr.
    shEp :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hey Zoe. tis Neil

<waves>

Shep, people tend to recignise me by my duck.
    Columbus The Devil Duck.
    He kind of took on a life of his own.
    I think some people prefer him to me.
    Ah, well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

yes!! i think i remember you! session 1? i think it was you! but ... maybe im wrong. maybe im right! hmmm.... there could always be lots of different people with ducks though....

Actually, aside from me there were no ducks.
    A pity.
    Alaskagirl, would I know you from anywhere.

My mother has finally relented and let me eat while I compute:)

I..... AM...... BATOR!

• Advertisement

BATOR?

Advertisement