Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD Burning?

• 27-06-2001 3:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

Im having a wee bit of a problem with burning a certain audio file to an audio cd.

The audio file is Herry Seinfeld - Im telling you for the Last time (full live version) its 60minutes long and at 160kps and 44hz.

The problem is when i attempt to burn it my CD burning software stops half way through, speeds up till the end, and says successfully complete, the only problem is when i try to play it in a cd player Jerry Seinfeld is speaking at twice the speed that he is normally like a chipmunk. I've tried resampling the mp3, and tried burning the WAV. All other audio files burn with out fail.

I am using NTI CD-Maker 2000, Nero doesnt like my burner frown.gif . And my CD Writer is Creative Blaster CD-RW.

Thanks for anyhelp.

-Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

its a weird prob i cant help sorry just thought id re: to it so it would go back up and ud get someone that could fix the prob . have u tried it with other wrighting programs ??? if you go to cdfreaks they give links to loads of different sites that give software that will do what you want . or maby there is a fix for the problom
    hope somthn helps

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

First off, does the full 60 minutes MP3 sound OK, and is it CBR and not VBR? What decoder are you using to make the .WAV file that you will then burn? I would use CDex to decode it.

Furthermore, if it not a consisten 44KHz, it will not burn properly - I had a problem with that with a bootleg unreleased Guns n Roses (ahem!) song I downloaded once - I had to decode the faulty MP3 to the faulty WAV that wouldn't burn as audio, listen to it to make sure it's ok, then re-encode that faulty WAV to a normal MP3, and then the decoded .WAV of *that* version worked OK. I don't mean resampling liek you said you did - I mean using the computer to re-encode whatever faulty MP3 you keep getting. Obviously you are trying to burn a standard Audio CD with WAV files (you're not using your CD burning software to decode + burn this sampled MP3 are you?)

Are you sure the current version of Nero doesn't work? It is updated almost every month so I would advise checking again if you haven't (not like the general burners like Easy CD, etc., ).

[This message has been edited by Red Moose (edited 27-06-2001).]

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Have a look at:
    http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd.shtml
    This and related sites may help, also their are forums where you could maybe get help !

Advertisement