Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B-DSL - satellite internet for ?50 a month

Options
  • 15-05-2002 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Cork-based company Media Satellite has launched its B-DSL
    suite of products, which it says offers a comprehensive national broadband network.

The company says B-DSL, which uses satellite technology, will provide broadband access to businesses for ?50 a month.

JC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

More info here http://www.mediasat.ie/

I see it's capped too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DarrenKillian

*cough* Unicast via phone line= company goes bust *cough*

Starspeeder,IVS..etc etc

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Only 500MB per month? Are they being funny? Also the price excludes VAT which comes to €60.49. Also another €290 ex VAT for USB satellite receiver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by irishbyte
    Only 500MB per month? Are they being funny? Also the price excludes VAT which comes to €60.49. Also another €290 ex VAT for USB satellite receiver.
    Not only that, but look at the price per meg after that on their two-way 'SME' service. A Mozilla binary download would cost you 4 euro! On the one-way service it's a mere 1 euro. Very strange.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

*cough* Unicast via phone line= company goes bust *cough*

LOL :)

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

500mb would have been a good cap 5 years ago, now its just ****TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

500Mb is a joke.... and it's not DSL.

I reckon these guys shouldn't be taken too seriously.... here's an exercise for y'all... try to do a search on the website....

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Arboration

Is it two way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

lol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dr.Seagull

lol that thing is a joke
    the soho package is one way
    the sme and enterprie are 2 way
    the sme offering is 468 euro(ex vat)a month with a 1 gb cap
    enterprie is 785euro (ex vat) a month with a 1 gb cap
    ROTFL they have to be taking the piss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

The company's chief executive Rory Fitzpatrick says it plans to float on the OFEX in London and is also planning to move into the UK.
    hahahahahahahhahahaha
    where joe soap can get uncapped 1mb cable for STG£20

ahahahhahahahhahaahahha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

You are the weakest link..goodbye

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Pricing straight from the Eircom book of gullibility.

This crowd make Educom and Aramiska look cheap and that takes some doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

LOL. My theory is that eircom setup that company and used it to make it look like there ADSL offer is good :D:D

Humm. a 500MB cap would make any eircom offer look good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

I gave them a call to clarify what they where offering and they said it was a 500mb cap and was aimed at business not the consumer market and 512k bandwidth.
    i did suggest that this cap was rediculously low..
    he insisted that for busness it was not and the current price was acceptable?
    also said they where looking into an unlimited package for around €80..

Hmm.... !?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 keithwhir

ohhhhh , its run by a bunch af monkies

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

somebody give these chaps a ring and tell them theyre going out of business in *looks at watch* about 3 hours... if theyre not already..

Ohh and keithwhir - for the love of god make your sig image smaller before you get smacked around by several mods

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

I think all satellite providers monitor the amount of data transferred for every user. So it would be the upstream satellite provider capping the bitstream.

Although eircom also monitor bandwidth usage, I don't know anyone who got a yellow card for shifting DVDs at night over ADSL.

Media Satellite's core business is interactive television, a sector in which it has several large contracts with Irish government departments. The home consumer satellite internet user is going to push the edge of the download envelope until its overflowing with stuff. That means quickly eating up the caps I've seen in the promotional literature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

I mailed this crowd last week with some official IrelandOffline queries and drew their attention to what people felt about their prices. They have yet to reply, why I even provided them with a link to this very thread! I intend to follow up with a call (its been a week).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

no good for gamers/surfers/emailers/anything.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

They're in Cork Dave, so feel free to put me them in touch with me.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

If the SOHO package is one-way, how can they expect to make any money?
    whats patethic is I was considering it until I found out it was one-way

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

jesus christ 500mb a day maybe

Advertisement